Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the news is trying to claim this is a good thing to increase the snow/rain fall, but what is actually happening is some states get down pours that are not natural. When certain areas get 21 inches of rain in a downpour is not a normal. I am thinking of the recently Florida floods.

The problem with the cloud seeding here is that you have to wait for the ground to be somewhat dry to plant. You can't get anything done when it's as wet as it has been. And when it pours like that, it kills any seedlings that aren't tough enough yet.

It's a mess.

As for the butchers paper, etc., we need to stock more of that! I stock up on glass and metal trash cans. Where we store food, mice can get to it and chew through plastic, so we put it in metal.

The problem with the cloud seeding here is that you have to wait for the ground to be somewhat dry to plant. You can't get anything done when it's as wet as it has been. And when it pours like that, it kills any seedlings that aren't tough enough yet.

It's a mess.

As for the butchers paper, etc., we need to stock more of that! I stock up on glass and metal trash cans. Where we store food, mice can get to it and chew through plastic, so we put it in metal.

I should have been clearer. Plastic for leftover breakfasts and dinners. Not long storage…more for the fridge.

Oh boy! I'm in trouble with wheat berries n flour! I have no wheat berries, very little flour stored....could be my diversion to baking. I guess I better kick those item purchases into high gear! Yikes!

You will come to love baking when you can’t purchase bread, buns, rolls, pancake mix etc. Azure Standard is a great place to get wheat berries.

I should have been clearer. Plastic for leftover breakfasts and dinners. Not long storage…more for the fridge.
I should have realized that!

My husband gets annoyed with me because I save almost all jars. But hey, they have come in handy a time or two!

I should have realized that!

My husband gets annoyed with me because I save almost all jars. But hey, they have come in handy a time or two!

LOL! Same conversation in our house! He keeps asking “why”. I keep saying, “ for when I need it”! I keep the maple syrup glass jars too. They aren’t as large, but still nice.

LOL! Same conversation in our house! He keeps asking “why”. I keep saying, “ for when I need it”! I keep the maple syrup glass jars too. They aren’t as large, but still nice.
My wife has almost every size of glass container ever made. She puts everything in them.

When I really got into prepping, I think my husband thought I was just insane, but now he TOTALLY gets it!! I started out with "What if we got a Hurricane"? Totally plausible. He was actually the one who got me involved in politics and created the monster he now lives with.

For anyone who doesn’t have land, but would like to farm with others in order to grow vegetables, fruit and meat! From my understanding, there are other groups like this being formed in other places.

Bakers Green Acres can help you…​

Anyone Can Farm Tribe Day July 8th, 2023​

1682449949604.jpeg

https://www.bakersgreenacres.com/product/anyone-can-farm-tribe-day/

Also, check with this farmer:

helios farms logo18.png
https://www.heliosfarms.com/

Attachments

• 1682449546582.png
    1682449546582.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1682449580334.png
    1682449580334.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1682449613062.png
    1682449613062.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Oh boy! I'm in trouble with wheat berries n flour! I have no wheat berries, very little flour stored....could be my diversion to baking. I guess I better kick those item purchases into high gear! Yikes!
If you live near a Mormon Cannery you can purchase two different types of wheat berries already packaged in No# 10 cans with 35 year shelf life for literal pennies.

You don’t have to be a member of the Mormon community to use their cannery, it’s a part of their preparation ministry. I have been using their long term food preparation for years.

I have to drive over 200 miles round trip, so when I go I load up my truck with literally cases of food. Ours is open on Saturday to non-members for 2 hours by appointment. Call ahead to confirm hours and what’s currently available.

The individuals I have dealt with at the our facility are gracious, loving and extremely kind. They email me when the receive a shipment so I can plan. Everything they sell is grown on church property and distributed to these canneries periodically. They have a large selection at our facility, several types of dried beans, carrots, potatoes, apples, sugar, flour, milk, onions, pasta, rice, oats, peanut butter, etc. Everything packed for long term storage. Peanut butter is the exception as it has a shorter shelf life. These products are grown without chemicals and are excellent quality.

I have several years of their products stored below ground that I am extremely grateful to these people for.

Interesting...i'll have to check into that...there's gotta be one in Fla..eh? Not familiar where if there is..but sounds worth checking into...thanks!
There were 4 in FL at one time, Plant City, Orlando, Jacksonville and Davie. My sisters live in FL. I haven’t been to the one in Ajax in over a year. I included a link to the site that can identify the active sites and I think the days and hours of operation. Non members have restricted hours so call before you go.

Last edited:
There were 4 in FL at one time, Plant City, Orlando, Jacksonville and Davie. My sisters live in FL. I haven’t been to the one in Ajax in over a year. I included a link to the site that can identify the active sites and I think the days and hours of operation. Non members have restricted hours so call before you go.

https://store.churchofjesuschrist.o...hvTOk4vhg==&ddkey=https:SetCurrencyPreference

Sorry, wrong site. Here ya go.
https://providentliving.churchofjes...ge/home-storage-center-locations-map?lang=eng

Latest posts

Back