Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, the store I go to regularly, closer to the larger city was well stocked, and looked normal. The Walmart my neighbor goes to is closer to our homes, but in a smaller city, a little further out, probably 8-9k people. There are only two stores, a Safeway, and the Walmart. Safeway is ridiculously priced, so I am guessing most everyone in town shops at Walmart, so they just clean it out like locusts. STILL, something to ponder, and prepare for, as food does become more scarce. It is a very scary feeling to walk in and see empty shelves in a giant store.

Well, that was one of the plans of Agenda 21 (1994), to get everyone into the big cities...

People HAVE been doing just that for the last couple of decades, and there are fewer and fewer privately owned farms...

If you need "proof", search "agenda 21 get people into cities"

You should all know about China's "ghost cities". They have built dozens of giant cities for the rural people to move into over the last 20 years.

One could almost wonder if they are starting to “herd” us into the big cities by not stocking the ones in the countryside...

Let’s all watch and report on low supplies in food stores, as well as if it is a big city or rural area ok?

Yep...
We know they want to bunch us up in the cities where they have more control.
I'd live in a hollow log before being pushed into the big city,the burbs are bad enough as it s.

One could almost wonder if they are starting to “herd” us into the big cities by not stocking the ones in the countryside...

Let’s all watch and report on low supplies in food stores, as well as if it is a big city or rural area ok?
The store in our town of 500 is always well stocked, for now. But of course government would love to have us all in the city; we're easier to control, er..I mean protect.

I was up near Yolo county a month ago. Rice fields still had water.
I would agree with you @Arcticdude about salmon runs, but in this article the reason was for smelt.I used to love to dip net smelt and cook them up. Salmon don’t eat during the runs.
“Meanwhile, 50 percent of California’s water flows right out into the Pacific Ocean, a policy that was enacted for “environmental” purposes to save the Delta smelt, an “endangered” fish species.” It probably has an extra tail for the tranny ones.
Have friends with a small nut orchard that got affected last year and rice didn’t. It’s kinda crippling for their small part time operation. A nurse ready to retire and her dad.

I was up near Yolo county a month ago. Rice fields still had water.
I would agree with you @Arcticdude about salmon runs, but in this article the reason was for smelt.I used to love to dip net smelt and cook them up. Salmon don’t eat during the runs.
“Meanwhile, 50 percent of California’s water flows right out into the Pacific Ocean, a policy that was enacted for “environmental” purposes to save the Delta smelt, an “endangered” fish species.” It probably has an extra tail for the tranny ones.
Have friends with a small nut orchard that got affected last year and rice didn’t. It’s kinda crippling for their small part time operation. A nurse ready to retire and her dad.
Smelt used to be an important fishery, not sure if it is any more. Maybe rice took its place. Bottom line is there are just too many GD people, including farmers, for the available resources.

Smelt used to be an important fishery, not sure if it is any more. Maybe rice took its place. Bottom line is there are just too many GD people, including farmers, for the available resources.
The ones I used to catch came in through the locks of the St Lawrence Seaway. I don’t know why these can’t swim in from 10 miles away.
My point would be there are too many PETA people trying to ruin the rest of us’s lives.

The ones I used to catch came in through the locks of the St Lawrence Seaway. I don’t know why these can’t swim in from 10 miles away.
My point would be there are too many PETA people trying to ruin the rest of us’s lives.
I agree about PETA. I've got no more use for them than I do for the green weenies. The problem still remains that there isn't enough water to go around out west for everyone who wants it. Maybe if we weren't trying to feed the world there could be enough water. Corporate agriculture has become a huge business by many, and they don't care about the land or water. Once they use up the rivers, pump the aquifers dry and poison the land and water with chemicals, they move on to another business.

Last edited:
OK, the store I go to regularly, closer to the larger city was well stocked, and looked normal. The Walmart my neighbor goes to is closer to our homes, but in a smaller city, a little further out, probably 8-9k people. There are only two stores, a Safeway, and the Walmart. Safeway is ridiculously priced, so I am guessing most everyone in town shops at Walmart, so they just clean it out like locusts. STILL, something to ponder, and prepare for, as food does become more scarce. It is a very scary feeling to walk in and see empty shelves in a giant store.

We had a new publix open up last week near us. My mother n I decided to go check Saturday. I was expecting the store to be very busy given it just opened. I was surprised how few people were in the store. I didn't buy much there due to prices to me were mostly outrageous. Brown, "organic" eggs over $7.00 a dozen. Glad I have chickens. I asked girl at checkout if they'd been slammed with the new opening. She said not really, not as much as we expected. Went on to Winn Dixie afterward, hardly anyone in there. I didn't hit Wal mart up this weekend because I spent over $300 in groceries at WD. Stopped at Aldi on way home and got some fruit n produce and few canned stuff like salmon, spent over $100 there. Same thing, not many in store like usual. Not sure if folks are ordering online or just broke, but was the fewest people I've seen out in grocery stores in a while and it was first weekend of the month. Maybe everyone was at Wally World. Stores were fairly well stocked this weekend. Had to go to Lowes sunday, not saying what I had to spend there and gas was $4.85 gallon Sunday. Glad I'm working from home right now. I'm not leaving the house this week!

Was in my Walmart yesterday. You could tell their weekly Wed. grocery truck hadn't come and supply was lower than usual. Parsley and Cilantro were few and looked awful/wilted But most produce items were stocked pretty well. Bread aisle had full shelves. Didn't check out paper products, meats or dairy as I just ran in for an RX, bread and a couple produce items. Most aisles I walked by looked about as full as they have been throughout the last year: fewer items noted and a few isolated spots on shelves were indeed bare, but not many. Not many shoppers either, which is unusual for 10:00 a.m.

Last edited:
From a Wal-Mart truck drive yesterday , they have been instructed " to not " fill their trucks all the way up with fuel . I am not sure as to what conclusion to derive from this . Perhaps our members have a guess .
Knowing Walmart, why carry the extra weight to make mileage go down. Maybe they are going back to Sam Waltons philosophy.
He was a cheap SOB, but he built an empire.

MEGA DROUGHT (after dumping water into ocean) leaves hydropower offline, famers with fallow fields (NO FOOD):

"I got the land, I got the people. I have everything but no water. I can't do it," said Del Bosque, a 73-year-old farmer in Firebaugh, California.

1654773041199.jpeg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61669233

Of course nothing is being discussed about all the lakes in California which were EMPTIED in early 2020…yep, all of the water put into the ocean!!

New rules will effectively SHUT DOWN U-Pick farms in NSW Australia

1654809322927.jpeg

New planning rules proposed by Planning NSW risk destroying ALL Pick your own farms in NSW. They currently have a proposal underway to deciminate all the Pick your own farms in NSW and want to put unrealistic limitations on the number of visitors per day that attend these farms. The current proposal they have is to only allow 50 people per day to attend the farms and a maximum of 10 days per year that these farms are allowed to open for PYO. This is just not viable for farmers and we want this proposal stopped immediately and want the Department to consult with the farmers to get their input on what is viable for us. If this proposal in mandated, we feel that farmers will just pull out their trees and visitors will not be able to attend theses farms. We understand that there have to be regulations but we need them to be sustainable for the farmer and we would like the opportunity to consult and comment on these rules.

Help us by signing this petition to have this stopped immediately. Please share this with your family and friends and get them to sign it also. This is important to the agriculture and farming of our country. We already import a lot of fruit and vegetables in the country, if this goes ahead there will be fewer farmers in Australia and more imported fruit to make up for the farms that have disappeared. Don't let this happen. Support the Australian farmers.

Follow link and SIGN PETITION if in the area!

https://www.change.org/p/save-pick-your-own-farms

Latest posts

Back