Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New rules will effectively SHUT DOWN U-Pick farms in NSW Australia

View attachment 16577

New planning rules proposed by Planning NSW risk destroying ALL Pick your own farms in NSW. They currently have a proposal underway to deciminate all the Pick your own farms in NSW and want to put unrealistic limitations on the number of visitors per day that attend these farms. The current proposal they have is to only allow 50 people per day to attend the farms and a maximum of 10 days per year that these farms are allowed to open for PYO. This is just not viable for farmers and we want this proposal stopped immediately and want the Department to consult with the farmers to get their input on what is viable for us. If this proposal in mandated, we feel that farmers will just pull out their trees and visitors will not be able to attend theses farms. We understand that there have to be regulations but we need them to be sustainable for the farmer and we would like the opportunity to consult and comment on these rules.

Help us by signing this petition to have this stopped immediately. Please share this with your family and friends and get them to sign it also. This is important to the agriculture and farming of our country. We already import a lot of fruit and vegetables in the country, if this goes ahead there will be fewer farmers in Australia and more imported fruit to make up for the farms that have disappeared. Don't let this happen. Support the Australian farmers.

Follow link and SIGN PETITION if in the area!

https://www.change.org/p/save-pick-your-own-farms
I signed the petition.

New rules will effectively SHUT DOWN U-Pick farms in NSW Australia

View attachment 16577

New planning rules proposed by Planning NSW risk destroying ALL Pick your own farms in NSW. They currently have a proposal underway to deciminate all the Pick your own farms in NSW and want to put unrealistic limitations on the number of visitors per day that attend these farms. The current proposal they have is to only allow 50 people per day to attend the farms and a maximum of 10 days per year that these farms are allowed to open for PYO. This is just not viable for farmers and we want this proposal stopped immediately and want the Department to consult with the farmers to get their input on what is viable for us. If this proposal in mandated, we feel that farmers will just pull out their trees and visitors will not be able to attend theses farms. We understand that there have to be regulations but we need them to be sustainable for the farmer and we would like the opportunity to consult and comment on these rules.

Help us by signing this petition to have this stopped immediately. Please share this with your family and friends and get them to sign it also. This is important to the agriculture and farming of our country. We already import a lot of fruit and vegetables in the country, if this goes ahead there will be fewer farmers in Australia and more imported fruit to make up for the farms that have disappeared. Don't let this happen. Support the Australian farmers.

Follow link and SIGN PETITION if in the area!

https://www.change.org/p/save-pick-your-own-farms
What is the reason given to shut down the PYO farm operations?

What is the reason given to shut down the PYO farm operations?

The reason to limit the number of people to 50 a day and to limit the number of days allowed to be open per year to 10 days was not stated. Of course the Australian government would very much KNOW this would put all U Pick farms out of business.

Last edited:
This is happening in Australia, yet the government is passing a law to put farmers out of business?!!!

Food processors warn gas crisis may shut them down and see food prices rise further

1654887877149.jpeg

Food processors say Australia's gas crisis is threatening the country's food security.

Key points:
  • Spiking gas prices have put pressure on energy-intensive businesses such as food processors
  • The gas crisis might make it harder for food producers and processors to supply Australia
  • Food manufacturers want an immediate gas reserve for domestic use

They say the high price of gas is set to push up the price of food and could even disrupt its supply.

The Master Butchers Co-operative (MBL) is just one business facing astronomic price rises for gas supplying its plant in Adelaide's north.

The cooperative processes most of the by-products from South Australia's meat industry, turning them into valuable things like tallow and pet food oil.

By-products can not be sent to landfill and there is only limited capacity to compost them.

"Our gas bill has gone from $135,000 a month to $900,000 a month," CEO Jamie Higgins told the ABC.

"It's catastrophic for us."

"If that price was to continue for a full year that's a $9 million increase in our costs and that would be terminal for our business."

At my work we're having increasing difficulty getting food for the kids in the quantities needed. Fresh produce is especially challenging. The quality of what we can get from our suppliers is decreasing, sometimes going bad well before it's use by date. We have to buy what we can, when we can, and change the menu to fit.

Last edited:
The lettuce we got in today, went out today. . . all had to go into the trash. Total loss for our store. :(

Expect a ton more of that. The reason is because transportation is going to take a huge dive. Owner Drivers can’t afford the diesel and truck payment…plus insurance and maintenance. So the result will be far less drivers and longer transport times. We all know those aren’t going to work for food that is only good a few days.

The excuse here is the weather hasn't been good for the crops or harvest.

I'm not looking forward to how this is all going to play out as supply chain issues and food shortages get worse.
None of us are. But we are the ones who thought ahead.

The whole west is dry, always has been. There's only so much water to go around.

There's plenty of water -- the government is the problem.

I lived in California in the 70s and 80s. It was in a serious drought, everybody's gonna die.

I went back in 2010 for 2 years. Population more than doubled. Housing doubled. Still in a serious drought, everybody's gonna die.

The water is underground and there's plenty of it. The surface appearance makes it easier for the propaganda to take hold.

Biden Fumes at Shipping Moguls Raising Prices: Makes You Want to 'Pop Them'

Biden Fumes at Shipping Moguls Raising Prices: Makes You Want to 'Pop Them' (msn.com)

"I have to admit to you, a lot of us elected officials have been in office for a while. Every once in a while, something you learn makes you viscerally angry. Like if you had the person in front of you, you'd want to pop them," Biden said from the Port of Los Angeles, America's busiest, on Friday afternoon. "No, I really mean it."

Yes, I get wanting to "pop" someone....

Shipping prices are going up because oil is going up. This admin just keeps pouring gas on the fire. If he forces lower prices, they will just stop shipping. Nobody can operate a business losing money.

There's plenty of water -- the government is the problem.

I lived in California in the 70s and 80s. It was in a serious drought, everybody's gonna die.

I went back in 2010 for 2 years. Population more than doubled. Housing doubled. Still in a serious drought, everybody's gonna die.

The water is underground and there's plenty of it. The surface appearance makes it easier for the propaganda to take hold.

I'd like to see the government and governments around the world stop squandering our tax dollars on their many useless projects (that end up going under) and pour that research, effort and $$$ into tapping into Primary Water, for California...........for everybody! I read about Primary Water years ago on Deborah Tavares website Stopthecrime.net (had never heard of PW before) and have wondered ever since why they don't go after this resource? Guess it's because the people in control of funding such things get kickbacks from the existing global water supply infrastructure.............enough said.

I watch a lot of farming videos on youtube,weird I know,and they're having a very hard time with crops this year due to all of the rain.
They also touched on diesel fuel and fertilizer prices. These guys mainly grow corn for the ethanal but the same things apply whether it's a food crop or ethanal.
They have reached a point of just trying to salvage the season in hopes of breaking even.
They like all big time outfits have crop insurance so it wont hit them in the pocket so much.

actually the one time I tried elk, it was on the order of the best tasting beef I had ever had (except Wagyu from Japan). Maybe it was the way he prepped it but no gamey taste and very tender

It really depends on their diet.
Axis deer taste a lot like beef because they only eat grass,there's no gamey taste at all.
Unlike a whitetail you can steak out the whole animal rather than making sausage out of the less desirable cuts.
I got to the point where I stopped shooting whitetail altogether.
Even the males taste good.

1654965071240.png

Latest posts

Back