facebook

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score
Many people complain about the lack of privacy today. Yet many of those same people can't take a poop without sharing it with the rest of the world.

I believe Facebook was created because most people today are secretly lonely but still are competitive in nature. If your friend got into a good school or landed an exotic job or purchased a fancy car/truck/home/condo....then you subconsciously feel the need to outperform them in someway.

Facebook is essentially a way to constantly evaluate how you align with your peers. Are you living a life others want to live? Do you have a beautiful girlfriend/wife? Are you successful? Is your life meaningful or interesting enough to share with the masses?

I understand that people have this underlining need to feel connected and to feel like they're not missing out on something. Why though the need to share every mundane moment with every waking life on earth? Does everyone see themself as a rock star?

The only friends I have are my kids/grandkids and Wife though I never post on my wall, basically private messages and limited at that, I tend not to go their often. No body from the family don't air the dirty laundry nor talk about private issues, Wife's about work and some family stuff that's humorous in nature kind of stuff, animals etc.., the kids and grandkids about animals and hikes/camping and hunting.

I occasionally post about critters garden things like that. Never dirty laundry. . only reason I have it is to keep up with the kids and grandbaby. I also have family all around the states even in Canada so nice to e able to talk to them on occasions and see what they are up to with their kids, which I haven't ever had a chance to meet. It always amazes me how much people live on FB. You post something and it is liked within seconds. .

Some think that they have to be in the know at all times. . .heaven forbid you don't find something out till the next time you see that person! I don't give a rats patudy if a person has material things better then I do. That is not what counts at the end of the day.

What I really don't get is why would anyone want to announce they are away on vacation? I realize it should only be your friends, but some will accept anyone and not limit to who sees it. . . . just leaves it opened to the public. I had posted a pic of me and grandbaby as my profile pic right after she was born. Even though only friends can see my page anyone can see a profile. Had a few nut jobs pm me saying they saw my pic and wanted to become friends together too know me better. Ended up changing to a goat and no problem since.

It has it's good but there sure are a lot of bad on there too.. .I do t have a problem unfriending. Have done it a few times from some x classmates. I don't have time for BS. . life is too short!

In other words ghost don't do FB . . . lol! Its OK, you're probably better off ;)

I have a page,I even have a group I started over there,no members yet all about rabbit hunting,,,shoot I have a web site/forum on the subject I am just getting it underway,,,,,I have to get in touch with the powers that be here to see if I can include the web address in my signature

I don't want to break any rules here,,,I like it here,,,

I have a page,I even have a group I started over there,no members yet all about rabbit hunting,,,shoot I have a web site/forum on the subject I am just getting it underway,,,,,I have to get in touch with the powers that be here to see if I can include the web address in my signature

I don't want to break any rules here,,,I like it here,,,

The only benefit of Facebook in my opinion is the ability to find anyone your looking for. That friend from grade school you haven't seen in years.

Even if you are not on Facebook...someone you know is.

The only benefit of Facebook in my opinion is the ability to find anyone your looking for. That friend from grade school you haven't seen in years.

Even if you are not on Facebook...someone you know is.
Two billion people are, that's a third of the worlds population. I haven't joined it, I guess out of some stubborn resistance to not go with the masses. I think people are really naive about posting their personal thoughts and actions for the world to see, permanently. There are a few that I haven't seen in years and would be curious to hear how they are though. Maybe one day I will consider it, but hey, I waste enough time here already! :)

well I have a page with a few so called friends,,,1 really my niece it's funny about that friend crap,,,as soon as someone finds out how old you are or where you live and you are not interesting enough to suit them they unfriend you and are gone,,,,,,so I have 2 reasons to mess with face book,1-to keep in touch with the kid 2- trying to build up a hunting forum and agitate a few folks,,,,oh wait that's 3,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

is that why my knuckles are always dragging the ground??????

Naaa I mean I'm to staid and old fashioned for these trendy modern high tech blingy things, I'm not affected or bothered by fashion or mass medis, This forum is about as exiting s I get. Facebook etc is like mass consumer fodder and I've no interest in it. But if others like it then enjoy, different strokes etc. :)

Arkansas Facebook though .............Thats where a dude has contacts with his Maw, Sister, Cousin, Girlfriend and Wife and its all the same person :) :) :) Sorry GG couldnt resist :)

This forum is essentially a Facebook for creepers....I'm kidding I'm kidding.

Naaa I mean I'm to staid and old fashioned for these trendy modern high tech blingy things, I'm not affected or bothered by fashion or mass medis, This forum is about as exiting s I get. Facebook etc is like mass consumer fodder and I've no interest in it. But if others like it then enjoy, different strokes etc. :)

Arkansas Facebook though .............Thats where a dude has contacts with his Maw, Sister, Cousin, Girlfriend and Wife and its all the same person :) :) :) Sorry GG couldnt resist :)

durn,,,you need to stay out of my family tree,,,you be hittin a little to close to home thar,,,,lol

now some info,Face Book started way back in February 2004,,,,,I broke down and joined less than a year ago

Latest posts

Back