When neighbors surprise you...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have debated on this one with more than a few people on multiple occasions.
A few things I have always wondered about:
1) When will people realize it is time to leave their homes in the larger cities and towns? People tend to stick close to what is familiar or that which gives a sense of security. How many days, weeks or even months would it be before they hit the road? And, by that time, what would the infrastructure look like? If what fuel you have in the tank is all the fuel you have, and the possibility of refueling a few hundred miles down the road is questionable, unknown territory, would you chance it?
2) Which direction would they go? More moderate climates with longer growing season? Areas with fresh water? Parts of the deep south would be pretty uncomfortable without AC.
3) If they have to hump it, how far could they get a days hump? Thinking not of preppers, but more like people pushing shopping carts with what they think is valuable on a highway.

Yup, this has been the topic of discussion often amongst our MAG. We have several options for remote cabins within a couple hours drive. But we also have a neighborhood plan for bugging in. We live in a suburb near a larger city. But we're the last suburb before it gets sparse, and it's partially still a farming community. It's not ideal if it gets bad, but the majority of our preps in our homes. The decision of when to BO is tough, but I'm thinking we'll know it when we see it (hopefully). But yup, you don't want to wait too long.

Another way to look at it: Last year, when did you decide to stock up on things with regards to COVID?

Us, first week in FEB. A few weeks later, pull all our assets out of the stock market. Saved us from a 16% loss.

We were already stocked up when covid hit. We've been prepping for years, and it's how we live. But I did warn two families I know to stock up end of February.

I watch my neighbors across the street head to the grocery store every week. Eventually the food supply chain is going to break and those people are going to be in a world of hurt.

I live in a very small town my street is somewhat ok. We have alot of elderly but they barely hardly ever go outside. We now do have 3 houses that are either halfway houses or sober houses not sure but they are mostly all very loud people. 1 of the guys that lives in 1 of those houses next to me I swear he's a drug dealer or something everyday he comes home he has a new car or truck but he works as a host at denddy's so i know he's not making all that much he the only neighbor I really don't trust at all.

Latest posts

Back