Epidemic could this be what ends us all

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I stocked my pond with trout I figured they would would eat mosquitoes larvae than my wife decided to inform me that trout wouldn't eat the larva's, my grand daughter said the same thing. They ain't here to ask so I looked it up since I couldn't remember the fish that did eat them. My problem is these fish are too small and the trout would have a field day, I have a lot of bats but unfortunately the bats are reactive to my problem and not enough bats to make a dent same with the dragonflies.

Known fish that eat mosquitoes larvae "goldfish, mosquito fish, minnows, koi and guppies"
I planted trout, bluegill and catfish in the pond. I'm looking for some grass carp (I think that's the right name) to add for mosquitoe control. What I understand they only grow to about 3 inches. I'm thinking goldfish or bluegill for the stock tanks. The advantage of bluegill when winter comes is I'd toss them in the pond, or eat them, before I drain the tanks. The stock tanks would be a great place to teach the grandkids how to fish too.

Ticks really suck. (Ha ha)

Even if they don't spread disease, certian ticks can cause tick paralysis from some as-yet to be identified neurotoxin in their saliva. This condition resembles Guillian-Barre syndrome, and sets in quickly.

The condition goes away on its own when the tick is removed...usually from a bite site on the head or neck.

I protect myself from ticks by treating my outdoor clothes with permethrin, keeping my boots bloused, frequent inspections (including intimate areas) with a magnifying mirror, and proper technique in removing ones that have attached. A straight pull with a pair of tweezers works well.

If you try to remove an attached tick with an ember from a cigarette, it may cause the tick to vomit while its mouthparts are attached, and this may actually increase your chances of catching Lyme Disease.

Also forgot to mention that dry ice can be used to bait ticks.

They are attracted to CO2, and putting a lump of dry ice on a white cloth and waiting several hours will call them in and give you an idea of how bad they are around your property.

Neat trick! I need to try that...

20170510_212525.jpeg found out this one is pretty good to use when gettin' those ticks of the dog,as it locks,then only a small twist and off it is,so now if I tell this at the hospital,I will prolly don't get these any more in a while as there are so many dog owners there.

Latest posts

Back