Difficult trying to find Preppers/Survivalist in my area Central West Coast Florida.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDRider

Reaction score
I've been prepping for many years and have my own group which has been in operation at least 10 years now. I need to add a few additional people in the group but it is very difficult finding people in my area of Florida. I've read how I should go to "shows" but none are scheduled in Florida that I see. I'm weary of talking to just anybody about prepping/survival so if you have certain skills that would be of benefit to my group please let me know. I have members that are located hundreds of miles away but will consider you only if you live in the central West Coast of Florida. Married couples are preferred as long as they do not have over two dependents they must bring with them if the shtf. ###### UPDATE! Thanks for all the welcomes and the responses so far. As one individual said we preppers and survivalist tend to keep a low profile and keep to ourselves. I agree 100% with that statement and for very good reasons.

Last edited:
LDR, welcome to the forum. I wish you well on your effort. I understand the real frustration with trying to find quality people to join your group. There is a group near Sumpter County, FL that I'm aware of (private message me if you'd like contact info). I have no idea if anyone there is interested in joining another group or if they would prefer MAG... but it's a start.

Theres alot of Preppers but not that many "groups" .
You can find People on line like this site but as far as a Prepper Group not likely . If You did find a group its probably a cult lead by scammers .
I know a few People I discuss Prepping with in Person but most of My interaction with other Preppers is on the internet and mostly on this site .

Most prepper groups are family based.
My group for the most part is family based also but my group does need expertise that we presently do not have. We have a couple of mechanics and electricians, Carpenters, Cooks, EMT, hunting/fishing, gardening
skills, members with Army, Navy, Marine and Air Force experience, etc. We use to have a nurse and doctor but they moved on because they wanted to find a group closer to home. Our prepping is for just about any type disaster we can imagine. We have not yet practiced any combat tactical activities even though we do target practice now and then. My group is not as active as it should be especially some of my family members because they are more interested in ball games, sports, fishing, etc.

Theres alot of Preppers but not that many "groups" .
You can find People on line like this site but as far as a Prepper Group not likely . If You did find a group its probably a cult lead by scammers .
I know a few People I discuss Prepping with in Person but most of My interaction with other Preppers is on the internet and mostly on this site .

The only reason I mentioned finding a prepper group was because I would like to talk to some of the members in it. I have my own group and BOL but I am looking for a few new members that have certain skills. We are by no means a cult, militia, or anything like that. I will not lie and say there is no fee/dues but the small fee does go 100% for prepping and the member that pays a specific fee can even specify what prep (food, ammo, supplies, etc.) the money is to be spent on.

Latest posts

Back