Chicken/egg question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a follow up dr. Appt yesterday...took 3 dozen eggs to see if staff wanted any..wasn't sure if they would cause some folks are a bit funny about that sort of thing..(around here)...they were all happy to have them, including the doctor...larry took mother to pick up her australian shepherd from groomers today and he was able to give away cple dozen there...we are now covered up in eggs!

I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but I guess I was picturing a scrawny, but cute, girl in pig tails, barefooted and wearing bib overalls. I got the cute part right.
Haha. Thanks. I have overalls but i actually work in mens boxer shorts and tee shirts and wear a ponytail and sun visor. We don't get many visitors. Lol

True

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224-121153.png
    Screenshot_20230224-121153.png
    375.1 KB · Views: 0
What's the local going rate for chicks in your neck of the woods?

Here-
$6 for feed store chicks
$10 for specialty birds
$5-8 for regular birds

+$1 or so for every week past about 6 weeks in age

I'm always surprised that the local rates are so much higher than the shipped hatchery rates.
Your paying for the convenience of bringing them home right away. Plus they pay the same as you would from the hatchery plus markup.

Latest posts

Back