Increasing my future food supply

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHTFPREPPER

Reaction score
Have 2 table top incubators full of chicken (mostly) eggs and (a few) duck eggs. Planning on them as replacements for my middle aged hens and roosters to be culled late in the fall. Bought a 4H Holstein first calf cow from a friend the other day when they weaned her calf. Only got 1/2 gal milk the first night due to the stress of weaning and the 45 min trailer ride here, but got almost a gallon and a half yesterday. Not bad for only having a calf on her for 5 months. Hoping to procure a Jersey soon so we always have one in milk for the 5 grandchildren. I’m still looking for feeder piglets but no luck so far. If the wind finally stops blowing 60mph every day, hope to get potatoes and peas planted. Also am dehydrating all of our surplus eggs till we can get the feeder pigs, then all surplus milk and eggs will go to them. Till then, I’m canning up all surplus milk. Am hearing reports inflation will drastically worsen once the Fed starts aggressively raising interest rates, so I’m adding to our future food supply as much as possible. Could get really dicey the next 6-12 months!

Latest posts

Back