Chicken/egg question

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the apartment to lock down the baby and mom for the night. They were gone. The mom had taken the baby to the big coop to stay. I guess instinct told her that there is strength in numbers.

Didnt have a visitor last night. He didnt trip cage so I am moving it. Dont want to attract any other critters.

Went to the apartment to lock down the baby and mom for the night. They were gone. The mom had taken the baby to the big coop to stay. I guess instinct told her that there is strength in numbers.

Didnt have a visitor last night. He didnt trip cage so I am moving it. Dont want to attract any other critters.
Robin, trapping is man's work. Get the man of the house out to take care of the problem.
Seriously, coons prefer different baits depending on the time of year. Summer time they will probably like sweet bait better. You can try marshmallows, gummy bears, honey, maple syrup etc. Coons are some of the easiest critters to catch. You can also pick up a couple dog proof (DP) coon traps and set them around the area. There's also some commercial coon bait available that works good too.

I have issues with this size trap and coons. 12x12x36. Works great for Fox. The coons showed up on the trail cam. Maybe bigger trap time.
I would rotate type of baits In case they are bait shy.
76A4D61B-8BCE-49DE-BE4B-8E367A1F1EC0.jpeg

Set 3 traps last night and Housing stripped 2 and never tripped the door.

And........it is a possum. Finally got a great pic last night. He is fat and how he is stealing the food without being caught is amazing.

I think I am going to stop baiting so that he just goes away. HOPEFULLY.

What kind of trap are you using Robin?

I've caught a number of possums using peanut butter in a HavAHart trap. I was actually trying to catch some rats that were too big for any kind of rat trap they make.

I took the possums a ways from the house and released them because they don't really bother me. One of them came right back within a couple of days and got caught again.

I also caught possums in a garbage can. They climbed in and couldn't get out.

Possums are some of the dumbest critters on earth, LOL

What kind of trap are you using Robin?

I've caught a number of possums using peanut butter in a HavAHart trap. I was actually trying to catch some rats that were too big for any kind of rat trap they make.

I took the possums a ways from the house and released them because they don't really bother me. One of them came right back within a couple of days and got caught again.

I also caught possums in a garbage can. They climbed in and couldn't get out.

Possums are some of the dumbest critters on earth, LOL
I have caught lots of critters in these including a cat. I call them live traps. They have the pressure plate that triggers the door to slam shut. I have 3 different sizes with 3 different hook types. One is spring loaded and the other two are variations of the hook barely sliding into the door slot.

Sorry if i am too technical for you. 😃😄😀😀

Latest posts

Back