Australian preppers article

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that you don't expect your house to catch on fire but you have insurance. Good reply to those who ask why.

I use the spare tire as an example. I got road service and a spare tire. That is called being prepared. Same as having a EDC, we got the police but the EDC is closer.

Our police is the county sheriff, even though we're only one mile outside the city limits, hehe. So, if we need the police, we need to call the sheriff's office.

Getting to our place if we had to call would be the Sheriff, the Sheriff Department is 45 miles away, a call can take 1.5 to 3 hours by the time they make it out here depending where the patrol deputy is at, the fire department about the same, if it's winter don't be in a hurry calling because the low clouds would thort any landing by air, the roads are too dangerous to be in any hurry and in winter it's 50/50 the roads will be passable.

A&E hospital-what you would call ER-is over 30 miles away and would take over an hour in a road ambulance, in a serious case the paramedic calls out the Air Ambulance(chopper). that's also the nearest maternity hospital so some babies will be born in the back of an ambulance in a layby, they shut our cottage hospital a couple of years ago, that was 10 miles away, as they have shut all the rural cottage hospitals, they are centralising all medical care but for some people that would mean a 50 mile journey, for some even more.

@bigpaul The powers to be are only concerned with the big city folks, that is were the votes are, rural folks are on their own. JM2C
yes, people who live in the FAR south west of England have known that for a very long time. you never see a politician here unless its election year then you cant move for prospective M.P.'s. most politicians think the country ends at Bristol.

Latest posts

Back