Quantcast

Altoids tin candle

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
This is a cool idea. You can get about 100 tea light candles from ikea for less than $10.00 I will get the exact price as soon as I can.
Cool, I made them awhile ago, just boiled the wax in a mason jar in water, I like them because they have a lid.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
the tealight candles are cool because it has the wax + the right sized wicks, however, you could also buy wax (all kinds, soy parfain, bees etc) in bulk from $10-$30 for a few pounds and create bigger varietys of tin candles, regular candles, and heck even house candles incase of rolling blackouts.
i know e-Bay has tons of wax selections with free shipping lol.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
the tealight candles are cool because it has the wax + the right sized wicks, however, you could also buy wax (all kinds, soy parfain, bees etc) in bulk from $10-$30 for a few pounds and create bigger varietys of tin candles, regular candles, and heck even house candles incase of rolling blackouts.
i know e-Bay has tons of wax selections with free shipping lol.
I'm sure Ebay can handle all of or candle making needs!

I might try making a larger one for black outs, especially since the power plant near me has been shut down.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
Cool, I made them awhile ago, just boiled the wax in a mason jar in water, I like them because they have a lid.
ahh you just gave ol'Krime an idea:
if you make a candle in a mason jar, and dont top it off, you can use the jar lid and do the tealight candle trick on the lid.
so all in all, 1 jar will have 2 candles, one in the jar and one on the lid.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
ahh you just gave ol'Krime an idea:
if you make a candle in a mason jar, and dont top it off, you can use the jar lid and do the tealight candle trick on the lid.
so all in all, 1 jar will have 2 candles, one in the jar and one on the lid.
Good one, have to try that out ! Clydesdale hook us up with the link for the candles, i will try t find some tins.

Latest posts