a suggestion

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score
giphy (6).gif

People can take it or leave it.

I recommend that we should all make a conscious effort to post something positive every couple days or so. Its not healthy to focus solely on the negative. Good things happen every day...we just don't look for it.

Just a suggestion.

I agree with you, but I wonder if you've ever read books by a guy named Andy Rooney.

He gave humorous (but relevent) commentary on 60 Minutes.

In keeping with your post, I'll rewrite a part of an essay that he wrote on the subject:

"Hello, all. We in the news are often called to task for only reporting the bad things, which makes it seem like our business thrives on negativity.
"So, here are some good news stories:
"The Queen of England brought the crown jewels with her on a visit to New York today, and her people locked hhem up in a hotel safe.
"The jewels were exactly as she left them the next day. One of her guards was heard to comment that he didn't like the crackers that he was offered on the plane ride over here.
"The lifeguard at the beach heard people shouting, but it was only kids playing in the water. The day was uneventful..."

And so on.

Even so, I agree with your idea.

Today, my girlfriend and I made up for a nasty row that happened last night because I was being a jackass, and I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

No doubt, there are some really bad things happening in the world all the time. Yes, we should be aware of current events, but I agree with finding positives in life too. I will be 55 really soon here. I can tell you those years have flown by, literally in the blink of an eye. My opinion is don't ever forget to enjoy something each and every day. Life is really short, don't forget to enjoy it.

the problem is almost all that is ever in the news in the crap,,,like the church shooting,,it is a little hard to stay positive when this is what the media puts out most of the time

I know it's in my lingo,but the pic is,this Brother Christmas makes wishes come true and in this vid he and others help this young boy
to visit that meaningful place,where he can watch the fire burn and so on,as this kid nolonger have the ability to move.
he does his best to make kids wishes come true and is funded by contributions only.

the problem is almost all that is ever in the news in the crap,,,like the church shooting,,it is a little hard to stay positive when this is what the media puts out most of the time

That's what the media focuses on but that isn't reality. Most people in this world don't commit acts of violence against innocent people. The media wants you to think this is the norm by covering this 24/7 and keeping it in your faces all day.

Look at the Texas shooting thread and how much activity it's generating. This is what people focus on. Then they wonder why it's on the news 24/7 and their gun rights are always under attack. It's headline news because that's what people are fixated on.

I know it's in my lingo,but the pic is,this Brother Christmas makes wishes come true and in this vid he and others help this young boy
to visit that meaningful place,where he can watch the fire burn and so on,as this kid nolonger have the ability to move.
he does his best to make kids wishes come true and is funded by contributions only.

Thanks for sharing Jonette. I wish that kid all the happiness in the world.

That's what the media focuses on but that isn't reality. Most people in this world don't commit acts of violence against innocent people. The media wants you to think this is the norm by covering this 24/7 and keeping it in your faces all day.

Look at the Texas shooting thread and how much activity it's generating. This is what people focus on. Then they wonder why it's on the news 24/7 and their gun rights are always under attack. It's headline news because that's what people are fixated on.
I went 2 years without having TV, no news shows. A couple weeks ago I had satilite hooked up, but I can't stand to watch more than a few minutes of news. Bad news sells. How's that saying go, "If it bleeds it leads". Whenever the news does run a "good news" story they tend to be a little condescending. I believe in keeping up with current events too, but by watching too much news it's easy to think the whole world is going to hell. I look around my area here and things are pretty nice. The sun still comes up in the east any still sets in the west. Of course there are problems in the world, always have been and always will be. But I think if people would focus more on their little part of the world they would see that things really aren't as bad as the media (and politicians) would would like us to believe.

Exactly. I avoid the click bait news like the plague now as well and everything is just peachy. I hear about all the negative things from this forum.
In my opinion life is pretty good. I still wake up every morning with a heartbeat. My wife and dog still put up with me. I've go two wonderful grandbabies and live in a beautiful place. I've been guilty of falling in the negativity trap myself a few times. It's easy to do if your around negative people too much, or watch too much news. I'd much rather focus on what good things are going on around me rather than on something that's happening a half a world away. That doesn't mean that I won't prep for bad times though. I just don't dwell on what could happen.

In my opinion life is pretty good. I still wake up every morning with a heartbeat. My wife and dog still put up with me. I've go two wonderful grandbabies and live in a beautiful place. I've been guilty of falling in the negativity trap myself a few times. It's easy to do if your around negative people too much, or watch too much news. I'd much rather focus on what good things are going on around me rather than on something that's happening a half a world away. That doesn't mean that I won't prep for bad times though. I just don't dwell on what could happen.

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself arctic. Life is a beautiful thing and I'm sure we all have a lot to be grateful for.

Some people CHOOSE not to see it. These azzholes dont represent the majority but they receive a majority of the medias attention.

Latest posts

Back