1.5 million gallon water tank explodes in California

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No good answers yet.
A contractor was welding on it when it blew (and was killed).

This happens all the time--to petroleum product tanks. Chlorine used to treat water is in powder form. You just sprinkle it in the tank---a water guy explained it to me. But the liberation of the chlorine gas occurs in the water. Chlorine may be the cause here but the findings should be made public.

I’m assuming that since The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia is in an extreme drought situation that the water tank has been completely empty for many years now.

Well that's freaky! Obviously the explosion had to be in the void at the top, but what fueled it, and sparked it off?

Well that's freaky! Obviously the explosion had to be in the void at the top, but what fueled it, and sparked it off?
What sparked it off was a contractor welding a flange onto the tank. He was killed. As far as I can tell, nobody knows what kind of flammable gas was in the airspace of the tank. Some have speculated that it was chlorine. They tested another identical tank nearby and did no find any flammable gas in it.

What sparked it off was a contractor welding a flange onto the tank.
So I guess he was working up top. I wonder if it was water pumped up from underground, with methane or something in it? I remember reading about how some fracking outfit had poisoned the water supply of an entire town. You do so much drilling and whatnot there... I'll do a search of drilling activity in the area of the explosion.

I smell a coverup in the making lol.
--------------------------------------------------
Lemoore (formerly, La Tache and Lee Moore's)[5] is a city in Kings County
--------------------------------------------------

2. Where is fracking being done in California?

Fracking has been documented in 10 California counties — Colusa, Glenn, Kern, Los Angeles, Monterey, Sacramento, Santa Barbara, Sutter, Kings and Ventura.
-------------------------------------------------

3. How does fracking contaminate our water?

Fracking routinely employs numerous toxic chemicals, including methanol, benzene, naphthalene and trimethylbenzene.

https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/california_fracking/faq.html--------------------------------------------------
Lemoore City Water

the Lemoore City Water collects water from 10 groundwater wells withdrawing from the aquifer beneath the King’s County area.
https://waterzen.com/water-providers/city-of-lemoore-water/-----------------------------------------------
Looks like a smoking gun perhaps Doc?

The plot thickens...

California officials have ordered an emergency shut-down of 11 oil and gas waste injection sites and a review more than 100 others in the state's drought-wracked Central Valley out of fear that companies may have been pumping fracking fluids and other toxic waste into drinking water aquifers there.
https://www.propublica.org/article/...g-waste-warning-may-be-contaminating-aquifers----------------------------------------------------------

Here is another link. But no one here will want to read it. tinyurl.com/8888r9ec
Mind you, if you have no love for California Shoot

My son has worked in the oil fields on an off in the past, sometimes as a welder He asked me about working in tanks (welding leaks) once and I told him never, under any circumstances, weld in a tank--no matter what.

"They aren't close to determining what caused the explosion...." Bullshit!

Hydrogen and oxygen do not create a black residual like that. What caused that was a (odorless) METHANE buildup in the tank, and the presence of oxygen in the form of air combined with red-hot steel caused the kaboom. Chlorine will not react in any way to form a black cloud like that, only hydrocarbons can. So, for whatever reason water was being stored there, there was also methane present and nobody knew it, until now. Contrary to popular belief, gasses like methane and propane are almost impossible to detect by the human nose, which is why additives like methyl mercaptain and other sulfur compounds are added (so home owners know if there is a leak). Naturally occurring gas vents do not have this intentionally added smelly compound and are only added when they are piped to a consumer willing to pay for it. Somebody hit a natural gas pocket and wants to hide their 性交 up for profit. They know exactly what happened and somebody will make milllions off of it!

"They aren't close to determining what caused the explosion...." Bullshit!

So, for whatever reason water was being stored there, there was also methane present and nobody knew it, until now.
It was a water tank for municipal supply. Fed from ground water.

Latest posts

Back