1.5 million gallon water tank explodes in California

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been able to find enough information to make even an educated guess as to the source of the combustible gas. Uneducated wild guess would be naturally occurring methane. And when I say "uneducated" I mean the guess, not me. I have a PhD in Chemical Engineering.

It was a water tank for municipal supply. Fed from ground water.
Yes, I understand that. But do you see the orange color? That's combustion. Do you see the black color that follows? That's carbon resulting from the incomplete (oxygen deficient) combustion of a hydroCARBON gas, not chlorine. Sure, chlorine is a strong OXIDIZER, and mixed with a fuel, it can burn, but again, where did the FUEL come from? So, either someone wanted this guy dead and added a hydrocarbon fuel in the headspace of the tank, or naturally occurring methane leeched into the aquifer from the ground (I can only assume).

I'm guessing too.....
water tank 1.jpg
water tank 2.jpg

I'd also add that methane dissolves in water and can lead to explosions when it reaches its saturation point and exsolves (comes out of solution). It is possible the heat from welding led to the exsolvation, bursting the tank, and that reacted with air once the tank had ruptured leading to that minor combustion. It would explain all of what we see in that video. There be methane in that water for sure :) $$$$$ Again, I am guessing.

Edit: the first link in a quick search for methane exsolvation talks about methane in west virginias ground water too, so im not nuts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210708-113535.png
    Screenshot_20210708-113535.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I believe you’re likely into something about the methane buildup. I saw videos of peoples tap water in the kitchen igniting from fracking in the nearby areas. You do not want to live near anyplace that does fracking.

That's carbon resulting from the incomplete (oxygen deficient) combustion of a hydroCARBON gas, not chlorine.

I'm guessing too.....
Chlorine? I couldn't imagine how that would ever cause such a devastating explosion. My earlier posts reference all the fracking waste pumped into the ground around there, methanol, benzene, naphthalene, which are all flamable, some highly. But methane is just as likely the culprit.

Water quality can also be threatened by methane contamination tied to drilling and the fracturing of rock formations. This problem has been highlighted by footage of people in fracked areas setting fire to methane-laced water from kitchen faucets.
https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/california_fracking/faq.html

Spooky stuff MN. Imagine your hot water system full of it.

My earlier posts reference all the fracking waste pumped into the ground around there, methanol, benzene, naphthalene, which are all flamable, some highly. But methane is just as likely the culprit.
Methanol is miscible with water and is not flammable unless the concentration reaches approx 50%. Super dangerous to be drinking in any quantity though. Benzene is only slightly soluble in water and, although cancerous, will not be flammable in the concentrations present. If I remember correctly, naphthalene is even less soluble in water and, its presence in water would not pose any fire danger. I think methane is the only possible culprit. Either it exsolved causing a rupture or enough of it off gassed slowly in the tank to raise the vapor concentration into its flammable range and the welding spot ignited it. I'm sure there are plenty of other nasties in the water, but I cannot think of a single one other than methane that could have done that.

I believe you’re likely into something about the methane buildup. I saw videos of peoples tap water in the kitchen igniting from fracking in the nearby areas. You do not want to live near anyplace that does fracking.
Methane also occurs naturally...but green new deal runs headlong into fracking...surprise.

It's been nearly a month and nothing in the news. A coverup to protect the reputation of the fracking industry I'll wager

Latest posts

Back