This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gaz, How does this grab you for atmosphere this is where I live close too.
download.jpe
download (2).jpe
download (3).jpe
download (6).jpe
download (5).jpe
download (4).jpe

It's a month away, but planning something fun for my wife's birthday.
First, we're big geeks...so keep that in mind.
We're also huge Harry Potter fans, and even have our own house robes, wands, the whole deal.

So, first, I'm going to be printing up Hogwarts acceptance letters, then taking them to Universal Orlando, and sending them from Hogsmeade to the house. (so they'll arrive via mail, from Hogsmeade). I'm talking parchment, wax seal, the whole deal.

Then, we're going to be in the Universal parks during the day, then Halloween Horror Nights that evening (then hotel after, as it will be 2am, and I am NOT driving home then, lol). Should be a lot of fun.
I really miss living near all the parks in Orlando. It's all pricey, but you could never be bored! I never saw any of the Harry Potter stuff as it was built after I moved. (Yet anyways)

Picked up the new trailer on Monday afternoon, drove all night to get home yesterday morning. This morning I picked up the new 10,000 watt generator and a load of lumber. Got everything hooked up and running just before dark. The lumber is for the new pig pen and stalls in the barn and a deck for the trailer.

I know how you feel Joe. Exciting times indeed, I hope you get moved OK and with your sanity intact, it was touch and go at my household. The only one who breezed it was the Cat.

Gaz, How does this grab you for atmosphere this is where I live close too.

Nice!

In true prepper fashion, been trying to reverse engineer my own interactive wand. We'll see if it works next time I go.

Well, this weekend, we're gearing up for whatever Hurricane Matthew may send our way. It may miss us, may not. Time will tell, but we'll be getting things as ready as we can this weekend. We may even get some new boarders on Sun, so that will be a boon to the bottom line.

They've been hauling rock up for our road for about a week now. Got almost half the road covered and graded with another mile or so to go. It'll be nice driving on a rock surface when we get some rain again. Last Spring it was impassable in several places due to the mud and the only access was by ATV.

They've been hauling rock up for our road for about a week now. Got almost half the road covered and graded with another mile or so to go. It'll be nice driving on a rock surface when we get some rain again. Last Spring it was impassable in several places due to the mud and the only access was by ATV.

Sounds like our Motorways (Freeways) up here :)

Well it was a bittersweet day today. I listed my motorcycle on Craigslist and sold it today. I really wasn't using it much anymore, and letting anything with a carboureator sit for extended periods of time isn't good, so I decided to let it go. My wife says she's glad I'm acting my age finally.... I figure it's smart to put the money towards a more tangible/practicle asset.

Well it was a bittersweet day today. I listed my motorcycle on Craigslist and sold it today. I really wasn't using it much anymore, and letting anything with a carboureator sit for extended periods of time isn't good, so I decided to let it go. My wife says she's glad I'm acting my age finally.... I figure it's smart to put the money towards a more tangible/practicle asset.
like a new wife :) :) :)

guns and ammo?? or a crate of old scotch?
I wish I liked scotch. I've tried it several times but can't enjoy it. I really don't like the taste of liquor of any kind, but beer and wine are another story. I will get a little more ammo, but have about enough for protection.

I know some of us here ain't so fond of tech,but I added sports tracker on my phone,this will enable me to keep an eye of my progress both in running and walking.
have as goal to do 2500m in my next 12 min test,helluwa lot less than my record,but alot in my age group,this will perhaps open the door to a reserve unit here focused on defence of this county.

That hurricane sure is meandering about for a bit. We got most of the yard work done around the ranch this weekend. The new border prospect is promising, and would mean 3 more horses boarding there...so good for the bottom line.

The next few days, just making sure we have all the water, batteries, etc. we need in case we lose power. For the humans, this is easy, but ensuring you have water near the horses, is a bit more work, hehe.... They need a lot more than we do. So that involves a bit of moving resources around.

Got a new (used) work truck today! It's a Chevy van with a box built to the cab, and storage bins on both sides. We've been working out of a nice pickup truck with tool boxes and ladder rack for a while, but this thing has 4 times the carrying capacity. Ok, not much to do with prepping, but I'm psyched anyways!

Latest posts

Back