This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is having a fit to start on the stuff in the greenhouse, but it's still way too warm here. Maybe a few weeks....
It's still far from cool here, but the weather is starting to change. It's nice in the mornings at least. It feels good to be outside again and doing stuff without dripping sweat the whole time.
I get so much more results from the greenhouse than the outside garden it's amazing. I just recently planted more potatoes and green beans in it. It will protect them long enough to get one more crop to can. I had planted a store bought seed pack of several things, but the seeds were old and didn't germinate. So yesterday I replanted the spinache and onions. It's possible to heat it and grow all year, but I'm ok with just prolonging the growing seasons, both before and after.

We've had pretty good luck in the winter with a little heat at night. Sounds like we'll repeat again this year.

Glad it is cooler, but pushed 90 again yesterday...

we went into hobby lobby yesterday,to get 3 or 4 of the imitation battery operated candles,to light up a couple of thanksgiving decoration,for tomorrows family get together..in which we got 3 oil lamps and 1 thing of lamp oil,to add to outside lighting after it gets dark out..on the inside,i was screaming,YAAA! preps.but on the outside.im saying.yeah these will be great for extra outdoor lighting..:D..then on to wal-mart.in which i also got 1LB of rice and 2LB'S of pinto beans to add to my food storage..

the lantern(on the left).we got 3 of them..and the hang on the wall oil lamp i got Friday,of last week..i've already tested the lamp,to see if it'll hold fuel or not.and yes it does.. :D

006.JPG 005.JPG

Just went into the greenhouse. Fan is running and the temp was about 103. Still waiting for fall to really kick in.

90 degrees outside an hour ago, wife had turned the fan off, 125 inside the greenhouse. I keep telling her it ain't good for it, but it was her idea....

Bought myself a 5.11 Rush Moab 6 single harness pack as my pockets were getting over full, Shades in hard case, Wallet, Camera in case, Eye drops, Multi Tool, flashlight, compass, spare batteries, Gloves, Kerchief, Pen, Notebook, so everything bar my flashlight and knife are now in this little pack. I'm tempted to also buy the Rush 12 pack to replace my Tactical messenger bag.

Last edited:
I have a few tins of Vienna sausages in my pantry. They were on sale once so I grabbed a few for general food storage. Anyways, I crave them about twice a year. Tonight I popped open one and made it through two of the nasty little buggars before I cured my cravings for another six months. At least the dog was really happy....

Got the new travel trailer home and setup. It was a long 12 hour drive. Had to use 4 wheel drive and cut some trees down to get it up the driveway. I had the axles flipped over before starting home to have enough ground clearance to keep from getting high-centered. I parked it where the house will be built next year and connected it to the septic. Took a few days off from the road repair to work on other projects. Will resume work on the next mile of driveway later in the week. Started work on the barn floor and have about half of the floor beams in place.
Tuesday I have a little procedure at the hospital, so I wont be doing any work for a couple days.

I have a few tins of Vienna sausages in my pantry. They were on sale once so I grabbed a few for general food storage. Anyways, I crave them about twice a year. Tonight I popped open one and made it through two of the nasty little buggars before I cured my cravings for another six months. At least the dog was really happy....

The lack of decent tinned meats is the reason I went to the trouble and expense of getting a pressure canner.

Latest posts

Back