This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all that is going on, I thought to myself I got to check the propane level. Somehow they put us on Automatic and filled this morning. Topped off my 1/2 way empty tank. I am good for a year even running the Gen.
Wife went bought more stuff to can. Making Salsa now. I know I will eat good in SHTF.
Wife found that if she vacuumed seals a jar of English Muffins they can last over a month.
Been working on some treats. Freeze dried Skittles are pretty awesome.

Helena went for a walk with Pici our dog, said hello to a neighbor and noticed he was selling an antique but in excellent condition, a wood burning cook stove with a baking oven, completely in heavy guage steel frame and an entire cast iron top and porcelain facing and frame, brass handles, porcelain chimney pipes!!
She came home to tell me about it as we have been searching for such a beauty for years but could not afford it. He only wanted $85.00 for it !!. He needed money to tear down a wall of his grandmothers old house that he still owns, build a garage instead of a bedroom and only uses the house and land to plant a garden in.
It is now standing in my little "man-cave" garage for heating and cookin/baking in the future or SHTF DAYS

1713578319183.jpeg

Helena went for a walk with Pici our dog, said hello to a neighbor and noticed he was selling an antique but in excellent condition, a wood burning cook stove with a baking oven, completely in heavy guage steel frame and an entire cast iron top and porcelain facing and frame, brass handles, porcelain chimney pipes!!
She came home to tell me about it as we have been searching for such a beauty for years but could not afford it. He only wanted $85.00 for it !!. He needed money to tear down a wall of his grandmothers old house that he still owns, build a garage instead of a bedroom and only uses the house and land to plant a garden in.
It is now standing in my little "man-cave" garage for heating and cookin/baking in the future or SHTF DAYS

View attachment 24783

That's beautiful. Very blessed!

View attachment 24783
monsters-inc-wow.gif

I think Gary’s is great .

Mine was a little more expensive.
Wife went to Costco to pick up her scripts. Told her to look at the security systems because they were all $100 off. Still don’t know what she paid.
She picked one for the next step place. A mini pan cam, 3 outdoors cams, and doorbell cam. and I can view all from my phone.
I can place the mini pan cam so that it covers the living room, hallway, dining room. An outside covering the dining room from the kitchen. 2 more outside ones covering the backside bedrooms.
All i need is another mini pan cam in the workshop for $40.

49 a month for cable internet, Sherriffs non 911 number for emergencies needed and I have my security system.

Been testing it here and i am impressed

That is also my next move with IR coverage in the back. I do not own lots but what I have is MINE and all of it is classified as needed preps...
I also had to go and buy a new pressure cleaner as the old one is still working but the pistolgrip part is leaking and the pressure does not come on the point needed.

That is also my next move with IR coverage in the back. I do not own lots but what I have is MINE and all of it is classified as needed preps...
I also had to go and buy a new pressure cleaner as the old one is still working but the pistolgrip part is leaking and the pressure does not come on the point needed.
What I did not mention is she also bought a basically outdoor solar powered system for this place. Still trying to set it all up.

Will report when I have it in place.

4 cam and doorbell system looks pretty good-Blink.

3 cam Arlo system- to be determined

We’ve recently added 4 battery cams and 2 solar cams to the outside. Would rather have all solar, but with the thick woods, they wouldn’t charge. With the ones we already had on the porches, decks, chicken house, greenhouse and inside, I think we might have gone overboard! LOL. 🤪 But I do appreciate knowing what is around us. Especially like being able to check out my chickens in the middle of the night to make sure they are safe.

View attachment 24783

Reminds me my friends "new" appartment. When he's gone for an view before signature the rental contract right in the hallway was an tiled stove to heat the appartment. Then he toke an look into the kitchen and saw an Tiba - Stove, it's an swiss fabricated wood stove with an electric hot plate beside, two independent systems in one device. He won't move out anymore. It looks like the picture below, just a bit smaller, without granny and chickens. BTW, those stoves you still can order new.

1713883437213.png

Weaned the bunnies today! They are 7 wks. 3 days old. Maybe should have done it sooner, but had to get hutches and houses finished, feeder, water'ers, etc. Put 2 in each of 4 bottom hutches. Will wait 2 wks. Then seperate them into each their own. Per what I read in the "Rabbitt Raising" book GP recommended. Still gotta get extend roof and put roofing on, but no rain expected next few days (so far), plus have tarp if needed in interim. Bought bottoms to dog crates to put underneath to catch droppings, top n bottom. Easy clean up.

Attachments

• 20240426_155128.jpg
    20240426_155128.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Camera/security system reviews

Arlo solar powered 3 camera-
At first the set up and GUI on the phone is kind of clunky (I did set up Blink first)
I did like knowing the power level of the camera and the signal strength during set up. Still wish I could access that info now.
After I got used to the app, it was reasonable.
The equipment is more sensitive to motion and quicker to send an alert to the phone
This one was not on sale for $100 off.

Blink-Doorbell, Pan/tilt, 3 outdoor battery powered cams.
The App is very user friendly. Set up is a breeze using QR codes.
I moved my pan/tilt camera out to the barn to see the dog runs. 133ft away was too far, 130 ft was good. I tested an outdoor cam and it worked 135 away in the barn, could go further.
The alert system is a little slower.
For $220 this was a steal. Additional pan/tilt cam is only $40.

The 2 places I got the 2 systems for both have different needs. Here, Arlo is more for immediate. Blink gives me time to call the Sheriff 400 miles away. Full 6 camera coverage for $260. I do like both.

Hope this helps.

We use Arlo for cameras at mothers, works good, and several of us can access from phones anywhere to see what's going on and check history, etc.

We're getting more cameras this weekend to set around property in different areas, wireless. GRID goes down no help, but in interim for now, I want them. Also, son put a decoy on one of our corner post in one area with wire running down into ground covered up...looks real! Lol. Cple more motion lights on list too. I have another set of cameras don't even know the brand, put away (somewhere here), but they have to run on hard wire and I haven't had them hooked up yet.

Weaned the bunnies today! They are 7 wks. 3 days old. Maybe should have done it sooner, but had to get hutches and houses finished, feeder, water'ers, etc. Put 2 in each of 4 bottom hutches. Will wait 2 wks. Then seperate them into each their own. Per what I read in the "Rabbitt Raising" book GP recommended. Still gotta get extend roof and put roofing on, but no rain expected next few days (so far), plus have tarp if needed in interim. Bought bottoms to dog crates to put underneath to catch droppings, top n bottom. Easy clean up.
Those hutches look great!

Very well done Cindy!! A catch system is the way to go! Bunnies are growing and look very healthy too!!

I can't order much of anything new on my money.....but happy with the old things too, no recycling for me and no junk.
Likewise the same over here Gary.
And i do like to renovate or repair old things to use them another few years. The quality of this "old and outdated" stuff is often a lot better than this new things.

Got 3 around camersa installed today, and the 2 other hard wire are Cobra, which one of the Cobra cameras isn't working.
Anyhoo, the arlo are clear as a bell and between the 3 arlo and 1 cobra, that are up n running, they cover most of the areas I want covered. Gonna get at least 1 more camera to add to mothers to cover the chickens area, it's too far from our house to cover that area. Rolls of chicken wire got delivered today. Posts and other supplies to get the seperate duck area will be in Monday. Son will start on that and hopefully in 2-3 days will have completed, and I will move ducks out of the chicken run, and next weekend move the baby chicks back in that area, seperate from the big hens n roosters. Bought close to $500 food supplies today for a start to next canning spree of pork, beef, and chicken w veggies which I'll post on canning thread.

Latest posts

Back