Show me your blades

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol Awesome kenprep!! P.S. If 440 is given the right heat treatment it can be ok. But there's also like 10 different kinds of 44o (A,B,C,D and so on) and if it's not a reputable knife maker I say NOOOOO! Why risk it.

lol Awesome kenprep!! P.S. If 440 is given the right heat treatment it can be ok. But there's also like 10 different kinds of 44o (A,B,C,D and so on) and if it's not a reputable knife maker I say NOOOOO! Why risk it.
lol you liked that video response didnt you? just want the kid to live a little longer if SHTF.

My setup at the moment
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391635040.706553.jpg

Some amazing blades!! Mine are in my DP <<< Starting to get into stock removal blade making too so im hoping to make some interesting hybrids!

Finally got a decent collection out. Besides the one shown, I have 3 other smaller multitools spread between my wife and I's BoBs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396311007.396890.jpg

From left to right: Cold Steel Kukri Machete, SOG Jungle Primitive (wife's HtH defense), SOG Fasthawk (my HtH defense), Browning Black Label G10 Tanto, larger multitool, Gerber Para Mini Tanto (my EDC.)

Still need a folding saw and my wife wants a big folding knife of some sort. I'm toying around with the idea of getting some throwing knives, but I'm afraid they would end up being just toys. In any case, they're low on my list of financial priorities.

Amazon had these on sale, the Army version too. I picked up one of each. The Army KABAR will be a utility knife for grungy stuff (already did some digging with it), but I'm going to keep the blade sharp on the Marine KABAR and try it out as a hunting knife.
KABAR.png

Got some new toys. Kissing Crane "American Classic" bowie, a gift from a like minded friend.
Oak riot baton, my Dad has had it since the 80's, now it's mine.
The small knife is a Tekna Extra Edge(tm) necklace knife that was my Dad's EDC ( pocket carry) for damn near forever.
Now it is my EDC. The smokes are 100's. Threw them in for scale. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

IMG_00000560.jpg

Last edited:
Wiredog!! Let me know about that kissing crane!! Is it one of the Chinese models? I heard a friend say the metal was real soft.. Let me know your opinion on it when your done playing with it!!

Just got these two beauties for my wife and I's EDC. The top is mine, it's a Kershaw but I forget whether it's the Chill or the Cryo. Either way it's spring assisted with a flipper and sharp as a razor. My wife has become a tanto fan (she's a keeper, I know) so she sprung for the Browning Black Label G10 folder. No spring assist but a wicked knife. I like it a lot too but I have a fixed-blade Black Label tanto on my belt rig that's my main combat knife. Showed it in an above post.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398041606.690590.jpg

My beautiful Browning Black Label fixed tanto... I've been keeping it sheathed because it seemed like such a nice knife; heavy, sharp, etc. I finally took it out to have a throw with it, and the tip bent on my second stick. I am not a happy Shadow right now...

uje8ujet.jpg

Cold Steel's GI Tanto seems tailor made for throwing but I promised my wife I wouldn't buy anything until after our vacation next month. Sigh.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399496422.442184.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399496422.442184.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 17
Ouch I think it's done. Can you show pics of the flat as well? Both sides?

Certainly. I'm keeping it in my car now as I have very little in the way of vehicle preps/GHB, and it's still sharp. It's got a window-break spike on the bottom of the handle too, which should work nicely with that tip-bending weight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399918110.165606.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399918125.708360.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399918146.136689.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399918162.117987.jpg

This is a way of recovering the knife.. The tip is done and strength wise will more than likely fail you when needed. Take a grinder or a 1x30 belt bench sander and take from the back of the blade trying your best to keep the blade from heating up too much, you can add water as you grind(a syringe is best for this)..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399918110.165606.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399918146.136689.jpg

Also this is a 440 stainless steel knife!!!!!! 440 stainless is not known for its reliability. MSRP of 73 dollars!!!! Please buy a better knife my friend!!!! Your life is more valuable to me than 440 stainless.

All of these are a better knife for cheaper!!
http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/20T/TANTO_LITE.aspx
http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/17T/KOBUN.aspx

Heres a cold steel recon tanto in a much better steel for cheaper than 73.00
http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Kraton-Handle-Secure-Ex/dp/B000BSY99Y

I like you shadow!! I wanna keep you around...

Haha, appreciate that Ronin. I got that Browning for only 36 bucks but yeah, lesson learned. My lovely wife just bought me the Cold Steel GI Tanto yesterday upon seeing my dismay, and it works very well for what I want.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399944392.026205.jpg

Cold Steel has two other blade shapes for throwers; I eventually want one of each so I can figure out what I like best. These both throw exceptionally well.

Latest posts

Back