Show me your blades

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The black ones are Gil hibben. The other one are crap. I'm going to go with longer knives next time. Like 10 1/2 inch. What I've got are a little over 8". Also going to get double pointed blades. I have to go with a spin throw because my wrist won't seem to work right due to a one ride bull riding career back in high school so I can't do the Thorn style no spin throw (yet). Gotta be a way around it. I just started throwing a month ago but I have gotten pretty accurate with it and the above is just from what I've found to be a personal preference. Where's that bus? I work nights so I'm out after this post.

Here is my latest I got from Amazon. Swedish Mora Knife. High carbon steel. It's light, the edge is very sharp out of the box. It fits on my belt nicely, billed as the common man's knife. It's used a lot in construction jobs. Need to keep it oiled though.
Mora Knife.JPG

Here is my latest I got from Amazon. Swedish Mora Knife. High carbon steel. It's light, the edge is very sharp out of the box. It fits on my belt nicely, billed as the common man's knife. It's used a lot in construction jobs. Need to keep it oiled though.
View attachment 725

One of the best all around bush knife. I have one and love it. Suckers are sharp huh !! Nice buy Loomis.

One of the best all around bush knife. I have one and love it. Suckers are sharp huh !! Nice buy Loomis.

Colt: Sharp is an understatement. I get hung up on blades. I love knives. Must be in my blood.
If you like blades you'll love this on youtube about Viking Steel.

It's a good insight in how superior blades were made.

I have a few more odds and ends but these are what I use the most.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
This is my Dragon Katana, I also have smaller blades but this is my favourite.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
Do you know the steel it's made from? What the tang is? What the handle material is? All of these things are important.

Do you know the steel it's made from? What the tang is? What the handle material is? All of these things are important.

It's made from carbon steel, full tang and is handmade. I am not aware of what the handle is made of unfortunately, it wasn't super expensive but it wasn't cheap, it does the job.

Latest posts

Back