Show me your blades

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387318036.805610.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387318047.037890.jpg

is it this one ? how would you rate this knife as a bushcraft knife, scale 1 - 10 ten being the best.
Old Hickory Butcher Knife, 7 Inch Blade, QN-77
QN-77
QN-77.jpg

$9.50 SALE PRICE!

This is my bathroom knife. There is a story behind why it’s in the bathroom. One night in the middle of the night I got up to go to the bathroom. The only light that was on was a small night light in the kitchen which shines into the hall where the bathroom is. I didn’t turn on any lights. I didn’t bother the close the door. My wife was sleeping as well as my two dogs. I’m sitting there looking out the bathroom door. The night light in the kitchen is shining on the door frame of the room directly a crossed from the bathroom. All of a sudden I see a shadow on the door frame. That scared the daylights out of me. My dogs are too small to cast a show ¾ the way up the doorframe, besides they didn’t bark. Finishing up I slowly came out of the bathroom and found nothing. I checked the entire house, doors, windows and even the dogs. What made that shadow? To this day I do not know.
The next day I went to a place down the road from me to a discount warehouse where they sell everything and purchased this knife. It’s a no frills no name full Tang cheap knife. I paid $ 5.00. It has a 5 ¾ blade. It’s in my bathroom. No way am I getting caught with my pants down again. Got lucky that time.
View attachment 138

It had to be something. Was it someone who got in and out of your house via a window perhaps?
Juergen

is it this one ? how would you rate this knife as a bushcraft knife, scale 1 - 10 ten being the best.
Old Hickory Butcher Knife, 7 Inch Blade, QN-77
QN-77
QN-77.jpg

$9.50 SALE PRICE!
its a good knife ! actually put mine through the baton test today . held up fine did great.

Lmao, the handels hollow for the kit, whatd make you think its full tang?
Ya its junk, what do you expect for $9?
Although, because its junk i dont mind screwing it up on things i dont wanna use my good knife(s) for, like de-barking a tree limb, or practice my knife throwing skills, or, if nothing else, its still sharp enough to stab someone/thing.
throwing knives are for knife throwing! i would never throw one of my bush knives.

Be careful with the zombie knife. It's 440 stainless and I've never seen anything good come from 440 stainless.
http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/140
These guys make the best zombie line and I'd be willing to bet my life on them. Made of sk-5 carbon steel k-bars zombie line is a win!!
i agree but i have never had a 440 stainless fail or break on me either tho.

Check out this video on YouTube:hey guys this is my first prepping video please watch it like it and subscribe please I want to try and get a prepping web series thankyou

When using your ferro rod do not run your knife down the rod ! pull the rod up the knife so your sparks go to your targeted area.

Check out this video on YouTube:hey guys this is my first prepping video please watch it like it and subscribe please I want to try and get a prepping web series thankyou

noticed you made the remark that gloves are something you dont need in a survival bag that is false! gloves are a must ! you wont make it long in the wild or any situation if your hands are cut up ,burnt , or infected because you didnt have gloves.

Your flashlight is too big and bulky ! go smaller you can get a good tactical light for 11 bucks refer to prepairedmind101 on yourtube he has the brand name and locations on this. or go with a head lamp they will free up alot of space in your bag and last alot longer.

you made the remark that the beanie is not needed ! clothing is vital to your survival depending on the seasons ! xtra socks , xtra underwear. wool is a great way to go it retains 80% of its insulation value when wet.

i agree with ronan on the food advice ! lose the cans ! go cheap, high fat, high carb or complex carb on your food. it will sustain you longer ! complex carbs take longer to break down thus energizing you for a longer period of time.

the bow is a great thing to have i also carry a bow with my kit it is a recurve . last few items i think you need help with are - fire starting the lighter and ferro rod are good but you need more options-matches,magnifying glass, tinder sources like cotton balls , fat wood,etc. a small tin for making charcloth would be good. you also need to add a bandana for making charcloth amongst many other uses. first aid kit, a stainless or titanium bottle or cup for boiling/treating water/cooking with.

srry for the million response posts i watched your video in sections so i didnt miss anything . sure i still miss some stuff but these guys on here will lead you in the right direction they are very knowledgable

Latest posts

Back