Gardening 2024

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you are still hurting Robin. Will keep you in my prayers. I would go ahead and let them do all the parts of the body the doctor asked for. Doctors like to “rule out” different possible illnesses or issues with these scans. It will ultimately allow them to diagnose you more accurately. AND if you have issues with those parts of the body in the future, you have a great baseline for other physicians to review! It really is a positive thing.

I wasn't very smart yesterday. When I woke up the pain was a little less so I went down and sat on the ground, dug holes with a trowel and planted potatoes. They are no where deep enough so I'm gonna add straw. I know you can grow potatoes in straw bales.

they pain made a fast comeback. No smart.

I wasn't very smart yesterday. When I woke up the pain was a little less so I went down and sat on the ground, dug holes with a trowel and planted potatoes. They are no where deep enough so I'm gonna add straw. I know you can grow potatoes in straw bales.

they pain made a fast comeback. No smart.

We built a stone container about 2’ tall for one of my Elderberry bushes on the hillside going down to the pond. It turned out so lovely! Hubby got the same building stones as the wall we had put in around the inlet. Looks really nice! We have 3 others to make for the other Elderberry bushes. Didn’t want to work hubby too hard. He is definitely getting his strength back and feeling much better!

We built a stone container about 2’ tall for one of my Elderberry bushes on the hillside going down to the pond. It turned out so lovely! Hubby got the same building stones as the wall we had put in around the inlet. Looks really nice! We have 3 others to make for the other Elderberry bushes. Didn’t want to work hubby too hard. He is definitely getting his strength back and feeling much better!
Pic?

For the last three nights, when I go to the chickens, I have been hanging from a branch on a plum tree. Tonight, the branch broke and I landed on my knees and jammed my body probably doing away with any progress I have made. The branch hit me in the head, but didn't cause damage. It was about 6 ft long and 4 inches in diameter. It was also dead. Lol

🤣 😆 You cracked me up!

You have a regular greenhouse. High Tunnels are normally larger and they are heavy plastic with wood or metal frames.

Here’s a random YT showing a High Tunnel. This is similar to what I purchased, but mine isn’t as large.

View attachment 24587
Yeah, mine just has a pvc frame. Has to be staked to the ground. Putting it out in the open cause would hate to have a limb, again non human, fall on it. It's sturdy pvc but still.🥺

I'm starting to get worried about my gardens this year. There is no way I can plant with this amount of pain. Getting worse every day too. I have my MRI tomorrow and hopefully will get an answer and some help.

I got a notice from insurance that they approved the mri for my hip, knee and ankle. Ummmm, the pain is my hip and thigh. Does the Doctor know more than I do or am I having an expensive test that isn't the correct one.

I'm going to mention my concerns tomorrow prior to the mri.

I'm know I complain a lot, but this started on January 19th and is getting worse not better.
Sorry to hear, I know where you're coming from. Busted my back in 2009 and have had 5 surgeries on my foot since 2019. Seems like the pain never goes away. Oldest Granddaughter, who has gotten into homesteading, says she is looking into natural pain relief. Would be nice, found out last week my insurance is being cancelled at the end of September. Not one thing it's another!

Update. I am super sore because of the fall. It is my original back problems. I think the shock from hitting the ground, jarred the spot where the nerves are pinched, squeezed, whatever. That pain is less today. Thank goodness. Maybe I can plant some squash today. I can handle the soreness not the nerve pain.

Latest posts

Back