Ebola News Updates

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So bloody chuffed I live no where near any big cities, international air ports or ferry ports because if it does get out its going to affect cities first and the more diverse and multi cultural the city the greater the risk.

Sickening isn't it that whilst the prepare and survivalist community are PROactive towards this clear and present danger the US/UK /UN/WHO etc are floundering around REActively trying to catch up.

we here have still a small window of opportunity to prep as far as we can..if and when it's spreading..then we can only hope for the best and pray our preps are sufficent to keep us out of harms way

Breach in protocol my Dimpled White Irish Arse!

This is USAMRIID's protocol for working with Ebola:
(USAMRIID is United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases)

Level 1, Locker room: Strip completely down to skin and put on a sterile scrub suit and surgical cap and walk barefoot into Level 2

Level 2, Airtight room with negative pressure: Put on socks and walk into Level 3

Level 3, Staging area: Put on surgical gloves then tape the scrub suit to the gloves and socks. Then walk into an antechamber to Level 4.

Antichamber: Put on a Chemturion biological space suit, which has rubber gloves attached by gaskets at the cuffs. Put on helmet and seal suit with an oiled ziplock zipper. Attach air hose. Gather what tools you will need, unplug air hose and walk into the Level 4 Air Lock

Level 4 Air Lock/DeCon Shower: Not much to do here except when leaving. Walk through Air Lock and enter Level 4 Hot Zone.

Level 4 Hot Zone: Attach air hose and put on rubber boots. Detach air hose, walk to your work station and attach air hose.

I guarantee you the protocol for entering Mr. Duncan's room at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital was nothing anywhere like this. Your average American Hospital is not prepared to deal with Ebola. Only a few hospitals are really prepared and trained for Ebola.

I am going to be restocking tons more things this coming few months. When this Ebola gets out of control I am not going out to stores at all. I would love to get me a new Bow to have at home, however right now food, and other things are essential for what may be coming. This is not going to end well. I have a bad feeling about this Ebola.

I am going to be restocking tons more things this coming few months. When this Ebola gets out of control I am not going out to stores at all. I would love to get me a new Bow to have at home, however right now food, and other things are essential for what may be coming. This is not going to end well. I have a bad feeling about this Ebola.
I've been doing just that for the past 3 weeks. Every week we are adding things to our grocery list.

Hirive is being both prudent and practical, the best overall protection we can adopt is hunker down and isolate ourselves until the outbreak dies off. Ebola is not going to come through your mail box or down your chimney if you are bugged in, if you have no visitors you cannot get infected.

i know that loved ones do come first..it's good to take her out to eat.buy her flowers,and all...but like you just pointed out. stock supplies every pay-day.but in my case.i buy something when i can.it could be 1 to 5 items every 2 weeks..but then again it could be just 1 item in side a month.but at least im prepping..
I did a quick inventory and went out and spent 300.00 yesterday restocking some food stuffs that were a little low. I'm still amazed at how little you get for your money now. I also saw on the news that gas prices are "in a free fall", and may drop 20cents. Since when is 20 cents a free fall? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's a little lower, but a "free fall"?

I know this virus started in Africa, where it's warm. I hope that it dosent like cold, and the coming winter may slow it down. Wonder if anyone at the cdc has thought to test it's resilience to temperature.

I know this virus started in Africa, where it's warm. I hope that it dosent like cold, and the coming winter may slow it down. Wonder if anyone at the cdc has thought to test it's resilience to temperature.
Where does the CDC keep it's Ebola virus??? In the freezer because it stays alive in there. In fact was reading on another forum about how it will thrive far longer in the cold then in the heat. We are so screwed with this virus.

Just remember that the hospitals will not be able to keep up with all of this as it gets worse. They are already stretched at Dallas now with 2 patients imagine 10 patients. Then if they end up with more lets just say 50 patients well that is when old hell will break loose. At 100 to 1000 patients they will start putting up areas in stadiums for patients and so on. Crap is getting real when you start doing the math, and realize that hospitals can not handle this once it starts blowing up to 50+ patients.

I've been doing just that for the past 3 weeks. Every week we are adding things to our grocery list.

I believe we have a couple of months before I start worrying. However things can change. I think this is going to be far worse then what we are being told. I still have to stock up on more corn for the chickens for the winter, and so much more. However while stocking up on my food supplies, I also will be searching for cheaper supplies just in case. The more cash I can save all the better.

Soap I have plenty of. I made 50 bars last week. I also have enough supplies left to make another 100 bars.:D

we are so screwd with this...my best chances are that we are so few here in Finland...on friday it's going to be more filters for my mask,more food..all this just when flu season hits like a ton of bricks

I reckon that with the media driven hysteria if a big US or UK city gets four or five confirmed cases of ebola out in the mainstream community you will see mass panic and people fleeing in all directions. WE need to be ready BEFORE that happens

Yes the public reaction could turn out to be worst than the virus , I'm still not sure how this bug will react to our seasonal climate and better hygine .

Ebola is not going to come through your mail box or down your chimney if you are bugged in, if you have no visitors you cannot get infected.

No, but through your water pipes, if on city water? Considering how long it can survive outside the body and that normal hospitals could be disposing of contaminated fluids right into the sewer.....just saying. I doubt it would survive the treatment process, however, but still, I wonder what the risks are, really, seeing as how the officials seem to not know what the hell is going on.

Latest posts

Back