Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GP...I made your sauce recipe! And the fish today. I think I got maybe a little too much lemon flavor in it, but it was still really good! And larry enjoyed it too! I did make a bit extra sauce and threw some linguine noodles in it I had left over from cple days ago to warm them through..Yum! I didn't get a pic because our power went off today at 4pm..due to storm and I didn't think about taking a pic. Anyway, I'll use the recipe again...thanks so much for sharing!

Here is a good sauce one!

Ingredients​

For the Cod:​

• 2 6-ounce wild Pacific Cod fillets (1/2-inch thick)
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/3 cup olive oil (divided)

For the Lemon-Garlic Sauce:​

• 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
  • 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons soft butter
  • 1 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves

Instructions​

For the Cod:​

1. Pat the cod fillets with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
  2. Combine the flour, salt and pepper together and dredge the cod fillets.
  3. Heat a cast iron or heavy-bottomed skillet set over medium-high. When it is hot, swirl 3 tablespoons of the oil over the bottom of the pan and add the flour-dusted fillets. Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes. Do not move the fish. As the crust forms it will release from the pan. Give the fillet a nudge with a turner, after 3 minutes, if it moves flip it and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes. Transfer the fish to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.

For the Lemon-Garlic Sauce:​

1. In a small skillet or saucepan set over medium-low heat, heat the remaining olive oil and add the garlic and lemon slices and cook until the garlic is fragrant. Pour in the wine, chicken broth and the lemon juice. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove and discard the lemon slices and taste to adjust seasoning.
  2. In a small dish, combine the soft butter and cornstarch to make a paste then stir in 2-3 tablespoons of the hot sauce. Whisk the mixture into the sauce and cook until slightly thickened, then stir in the thyme leaves. Transfer the sauce to a dish or pitcher. Plate the reserved fish and spoon the hot sauce over the fish.
I will have to try this one.

Spaghetti: Larry had my homemade, spaghetti sauce I canned from our fresh tomatoes in garden. I had only olive oil and sautéed garlic over mine!

I'm getting back on the mostly protein, no carb diet again tomorrow with drinking lot of distilled water...(to target my joint/neck pain issues), but I am a sucker for olive oil and sautéed fresh garlic over pasta.

I made Shotgun Shells. Chorizo, burger, mozzarella, peppers stuffed into pasta shells, wrapped in bacon. I used the sausage maker to fill the shells, Finished with BBQ sauce
IMG_0761.jpeg

This wasn’t dinner, but it was dessert!

Blackberry Pie (recipe photo). Very fun to make! I left out the lemon juice.

View attachment 20340
Blackberry dumplings are so good too. And easy. Boil berries and sugar. While in a deep boil, add dough (canned bisquits) until done. That's it.

Latest posts

Back