WTF!?!? What Would U Do?????

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think when everything falls apart, it's best for like minded preppers to be in a community of some sorts. And the community should be based on values. Alcoholics can live together, meth heads together, pot smokers together.... serious preppers can live together.

I think when everything falls apart, it's best for like minded preppers to be in a community of some sorts. And the community should be based on values. Alcoholics can live together, meth heads together, pot smokers together.... serious preppers can live together.

don't worry too much about the heavily addicted - they'll be dying a fairly quik and God sent merciful death - the dope & pills won't last long - the boozers might find enough to stay going until the bootleg hooch kicks in >>> that'll depend on the food situation - hooch is food .....

if you got any heavy smokers that you plan on bunking with - load up on the nicotine patches - that's not going to be a pleasant re-hab either

I think the addicts would band together to try to raid some pharmacies and easy pickins Grandmas in the city. They could survive on that stuff for a long while. There are plenty of people who are pharmaceutical addicts and have a ton in their medicine chests. Don't know what the statistics are on how many people in the US are on antidepressents and psycho drugs, painkillers, but there's a lot. And the boozers will be raiding liquor stores, there's enough for awhile. I don't want to be in a community with people like that. That includes pot smokers.

Segregation? I am just saying that if things really get bad, choose carefully who is in your group. These are people that you need to rely on. Your life will depend upon it. It is not meant to be mean or political. It's real life. Choose people that are clear headed, know what they're doing, have something to bring to the table, and not be a drain on your resources, but an asset to your group. And be that person for your community, too.

Oh, I was referring to the comment of "all the meth heads in one group, all the alcoholics in one group, etc". That's literally segregation, (nothing to do with politics), in that it segregates people apart from one another into different groups. All throughout history, that plan has failed miserably lmao. Sounds real nice on the surface though; you'd never have to interact with anyone you disagreed with, so I totally get why you thought it lol.

In reality a lot of people aren't going to have the luxury of picking and choosing who is in their group, or who may join later on, and what vices members of their group may or may not have, (or may develop later on). Learning how to coexist with difficult people should probably be the real goal. Most groups will probably be based less on values and based more on families and close friends, and a mother can't very well toss her daughter out onto the post-apocalyptic streets because she happened to have a drinking or drug problem. Well, a loving mother couldn't anyway; guess it'd be easier for families that don't really care about each other lol.

But yeah, anyhoo; I was just making an offhand comment about a potentially dangerous idea lol, (segregation). Don't mind me, carry on lol.

Last edited:
having strangers in your group is asking to be stabbed and robbed in the middle of the night.
Groups here will be family units and family only.
" if you dont know them, havent worked or spent time with them, then DONT trust them".
I'd rather be alone than be with people I dont trust, hell I'd rather be alone anyway.

I don't really trust anyone; side-effect of C-PTSD from getting kidnapped by perverts and held captive for five years; MAJOR trust issues now lmao. I'm friendly and polite most of the time, but I always have a plan to kill everyone in the room just in case they go rogue all of a sudden... 'cause I'm just kinda quirky like that now I guess lol. =P

Anyhoo, THAT said, there's still going to be times in life when you have to take a risk and trust a stranger; had to learn that one the hard way lol. After someone betrays your trust in can take years and years of psychotherapy before you're able to stop pushing everyone away and putting up walls all the time, scared to death of even stepping outside your house. Still working on that stuff myself. Better than I used to be, but I'm kinda starting to think it's probably never really gonna go away; it's been over nine years now and I still don't really see people as people. =/

...Gotten a lot better at pretending to not be a total freak though lol, #Progress 🤪

So what do you do if one of your family or friends makes a new friend or lover? That's just one of many scenarios where the universe will throw new people into your life; it's kinda unavoidable. Caution should always be exercised, but a solid trust-nobody-rule is unrealistic for long-term survival, especially if you're on your own as I expect I will be; mom's my only remaining family and she's probably gonna die soon, plus I don't really have any friends I'd wanna be stuck in a survival situation with lol. =/

So what do you do if one of your family or friends makes a new friend or lover? That's just one of many scenarios where the universe will throw new people into your life; it's kinda unavoidable. Caution should always be exercised, but a solid trust-nobody-rule is unrealistic for long-term survival, especially if you're on your own as I expect I will be; mom's my only remaining family and she's probably gonna die soon, plus I don't really have any friends I'd wanna be stuck in a survival situation with lol. =/
in TSHTF? rather fanciful dont you think?
better to be alone than put ourselves in a dangerous situation.
but people wont be told and they will suffer the consequences.

Both ways of getting by, alone or together, have their risks. When I think back to how many people I served with in the army, I have to say that I would only have joined forces with two of them in an emergency.
There is an important word, instinct, that still exists in humans, even if only a little. I realize with which people something can work as far as SHTF is concerned, it also does not play a main role as far as the combat power and the strength is concerned, the most important role is to function in the team, and such brothers and sisters in arms are unfortunately very rare to find.
The trust is one thing, the other is that you trust each other completely and that you go to extremes together and that you are one in everything, so to speak.
I know that this is rare, but if you are such a team then you master many things and go to hell and back with your partner.

@Nora

Even if you don't have any real friends, it's nice that you are here, you will find friends I'm sure, you are not alone on this planet.

there is only one person that will keep me safe during the pandemic there is only one person that has got my best interests at heart and that is ME.
everyone else is looking after themselves.
there is no one banging on my door making sure I am okay.
so it will be WTSHTF.
SELF reliance is the only way anyone will survive, it may be harsh but its a fact.

Last edited:
Nora, SHTF has started now. You should know the people in your trusted group already. No one is going to make a group for you down the road, and it's not smart to get grouped with a bunch of people out of an emergency. Don't wait around and let things happen to you. Pick your group. I didn't mean that some powers that be will put all potsmokers in a group. I mean that naturally, people will choose who is in their group because of common interests. Choose your group, your trusted people who you will rely on and help, and you should of done it already.

@Amish Heart : First, SHTF hasn't happened yet lol. Second, I don't have a group; I moved to the Lower 48 a few years ago and don't get out much. Chances are my group will just consist of my cousin and her boyfriend, my mom, my aunt and uncle, probably some of their friends/whoever they decide to bring along as well, along with my boyfriend if I actually manage to find one before the apocalypse lmao. But hey, no rule saying I can't find love in the apocalypse, oh which reminds me lol:

@bigpaul : Fanciful? Not at all. Just because SHTF doesn't mean the world stops spinning lol. Believe it or not, life goes on. There are those who are friendly and value community; there are those who are destructive and value chaos. It's basically not much different than today, only perhaps with no electricity and overgrown cities; people will eventually re-acclimate and it'll become the new normal and people will wanna do NORMAL things again. Like go on a date, or go to a party. 🙃

"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content."

- Helen Keller

Last edited:
I think it is happening now, but people see different things. Obviously, because I don't buy into the alien warlord invasion, and that scenario is what you believe. So it sounds like you have your group already, the relatives you named and the boyfriend you might meet. This is good! You can rely on each other to get you through. Many groups are family groups.

Oh yeah, I think it's definitely building up to happening, but so long as I can still surf the web, play video games, watch cartoons, text with friends, and have actual human food and drink literally hand delivered to me by a zitty-faced teenager 24/7...I kinda like to think shit's still pretty good and hasn't even started hitting the fan lol. Gotta count your blessings lol. XD

I'll know SHTF for real probably a couple days after the lights go off, and I start hearing the faint sound of gunshots in the city with no sirens responding, then get on the ham radio to discover society has collapsed, and that would be officially when I'd activate my Bug Out Protocol and break into my Naughty Supplies lol.

Edit: Oh and yup; I have a kinda sorta group. No official plans are laid out between us, only one of them has military training, but he's kinda unstable; he pretends he's okay and he's real good at it, but I can see it in his eyes; he's a man on the edge lmao; a ticking time bomb. I recognize the look very well; saw it staring back at me in the mirror for years. Not sure when he was last in a war, but hopefully enough years will have passed for him to get his head on straight before TEOTWAWKI. I'm hesitant to even risk being in the same group as him at this current point in time lol; my and mom's chances are probably better on our own; we could just get in the RV and hit the road. Settle down near a lake or something because mom's always said she wants a Viking funeral lol.

And most of the others in our little family circle are pretty much strangers to me because I grew up thousands of miles away in Alaska, so I can't say as I really trust any of them, but they're still family, so whatchya gonna do amirite? Lol. Just gotta learn to adapt to things as they happen, keep an open mind and hope for the best but plan for the worst. =P

Last edited:
Yes, but drug addicts are the worst. I've known a few in my time. They have no coping skills at all, and suffer horrible withdrawal symptoms. Some of their withdrawal symptoms are life threatening. Only focus on where to get their next high, and to heck with everything and everybody else. A coffee addict would not do that. They would just be grouchy and have a headache. Drug addicts are absolutely bad guys.

I have no problem with these groups. Most of them will self destruct within 2 blocks of home. Burn out quicker than a meteor. That's their problem. I have zero mercy, zero patience, and zero to offer anyone in these categories (other than high speed lead if they trespass in SHTF)

Foolish idea. You think meth heads will stick together when they have no meth? What, to watch each other try to smoke various things and see which products kill them immediately? "Hey, I'm going to smoke some Borax... watch this"? No, their meaningless lives are going to end alone and pathetic just as insignificantly.

And I don't think preppers will come together, unless they've already known each other & have plans for such. Preppers traditionally have little trust, and post SHTF will have zero trust of outsiders. "Mercy" and "charity" will go away after SHTF, and anyone that does practice those will quickly be killed because of their generosity.

Hmm, eliminating the best parts of the human spirit could also be a foolish idea. It's in times of fear and confusion that compassion is needed the most; that people need to come together to help one another. No mercy, no patience, no trust, no charity? No humanity.

That's the real end of the world; if people decide to give in to fear and hatred and become no different than wild animals, split up into tribes, constantly going to war with one another. What's even the point of trying to survive if you lose the best parts of yourself? I think I'd rather risk the possibility of keeping my light and dying, rather than losing my light just to survive; that's no kind of life lol. I can still be merciful and generous while also drawing a line in the sand and not letting myself become a doormat; I totally see myself becoming like a post-apocalyptic female Jack Kerouac; traveling the world in my RV, helping those in need where I can and just trying to spread sunshine and positivity in a seemingly dark and negative world, maybe restoring a little bit of hope along the way. 😇

...Everybody needs a hobby lmao. 🙃

Latest posts

Back