WTF!?!? What Would U Do?????

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During a real SHTF event, compassion is akin to being suicidal. The better part of man is called self preservation for him and his family. Open your pantry to the starving hoard and you will find empty shelves and you can now become a member of the starving hoard. During a real SHTF event, no good deed will go unpunished. Even family members must be turned away if you don't absolutely know them and are willing to trust them with your life and the lives of your immediate family.

During a real SHTF event, compassion is akin to being suicidal. The better part of man is called self preservation for him and his family. Open your pantry to the starving hoard and you will find empty shelves and you can now become a member of the starving hoard. During a real SHTF event, no good deed will go unpunished. Even family members must be turned away if you don't absolutely know them and are willing to trust them with your life and the lives of your immediate family.

the real problem is that you or everyone in your family will get killed - lucky to live to pick up the pieces or implement the backup plan >>> there might be a neighborhood mob rush on your place but more likely a bushwhack in the back - either way I wouldn't count on much of a chance ....

There is no proven physical addiction to coffee. Caffeine dependence does not meet the conditions for addiction.

You clearly never met my wifes nursing coleagues at break time, get between them and their Douwe Egberts and they would gut you, Its like a herd of stampeding Wildebeast and just as unstoppable.

I substitute Mountain Dew with coffee lol. Mountain Dew has like, twice the amount of caffeine and doesn't taste like crap in it's natural state lmao; only way I can drink coffee is with loads of sugar and creamer added into it, effectively turning it into a milkshake lmao. Loved the Keurig when I was working at Bank of America lol; I'd never seen technology like that before what with spending most of my life in a little cabin in the middle of the woods in Alaska lol; kinda like living in the 1800's lol. Keurigs looked like straight alien technology to me lmao. Culture shock is only just now starting to die down after a few years of living in the Lower 48. ....Kinda miss Alaska sometimes, but not really; it was pretty much the wild west up there; nearest police station/hospital/fire station was over 200 miles away so we just kinda had to figure out how to solve our own problems lol.

One of the driving forces in my decision to have my family "bug out" to acreage in the boonies is compassion. I do not want to face a child knocking on my door going without food. I have no problem with turning away adults, but a child? So what would I do, give that child some food allotted for MY grandchildren?
probably wont happen though. Access to food is a control measure, do what we say and you can get in line for food. They will make sure there is food. What they will probably do is confiscate all private property in the name of the "Great Reset" so you cant support yourself without their help. This was all wrapped up so neatly... COVID during an election year, most voting by electronics, control of communications, the destruction of small business and direction of all commerce to large corporations. They knew their plan so well they didn't even try to hide it.

My family would be too far away in SHTF either way and I would never in a million years drive 80 miles by car in this case, that would be pure suicide.
Bedding children who have nothing more to eat that is also a horror of me, the danger is that you tell and then comes later the mob, for the reason not to give too much, do not let in the house and pretend need, everything else will endanger your house and their supply and you can if you have bad luck within a short time Jo's dead voters company.

In the SHTF case, I think I can stay here in a remote village for another week or two, but then I have to get out of here, too, honestly, I wouldn't want to witness murder and manslaughter here and I'm not out to play war.
Of course I would take one or two old carbines with me on the trip, but I would prepare the rest of them in such a way that any new owner would get the breech in his eye if he wanted to use them again.

I currently live at the foot of a mountain in a remote area, I just have to get out of the house and in two minutes I can walk above the small village and then climb through forests. Since I live in a basin there is a mountain in front of my front door in the west, in the east after 1 km there is the next one, I have a large selection and I still have reaction time, because I can't use my car either way Use more, except at the end of the road.
What it takes is a will, and toughening, I'm blessed with both and I've almost frozen enough of everything in these mountains during my military service ..

Right? You're so lucky lol. I live smack dab in the center of a big city. Pro: I had to call the cops once, and the response time was AMAZING, it was like, literally SECONDS. Coming from the arctic, that shit looked like straight up MAGIC to me lmao. XD

Con: I'm autistic, and there is noise literally everywhere 24/7. Kinda makes me miss the Alaskan woods. =P

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back