WTF!?!? What Would U Do?????

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illini Warrior

Demi-God
Banned
Reaction score
just read a WTF? posting over at a Reddit prepper site - guy was asking for an opinion over there among the dickhead "kids" and the foreigners ....

homeowner got a passive trespasser alert - checked his live surveillance cameras >>>> spotted a woman and teenager going thru his greenhouse filling bags with his veggies ....

confronted her <<< in person or thru audio - ??? >>>> but her immediate response was that she had permission from the owner to harvest - that excuse didn't work well - she said she was leaving (taking the filled bags) - the homeowner called the cops >>> turns out they were new neighbors and she was just trying to feed her "babies" ....

now she's waging a FaceBook and neighborhood campaign against him for getting her pinched ....

Your opinion? - the Reddit response posting are a sad sad commentary on people that call themselves "preppers" ....

I'm affraid it will be an daily business when the economy collapses and the sheeps going hungry.
Otherwise i'm not surprized about the reaction of this woman. Just have the feeling the peoples gone very selfish those days. I they say "we" they mean "myself".
I'm since 1974 located in my living area. This summer / autumn it was the really first time people just toke nuts and Fruits from the farmers trees without invitation. I never had seen before the farmer was need to guard his property and i never have seen before at every tree was an a sign "Private property, harvesting prohibited".
I heard how the farmer was asking the people why they steal. The answer was mostly: "It's not stealing, the trees are along the walking way" - and not one was feel bad for his acting. And later people start to complain because the farmer setted up an electric fence an they got an hit. Myself i pitty the fence wasn't higher....

normally over here if the tree or whatever is hanging over a public walkway then you can pick them, but if you have to go into the field or private garden then its theft.
whether the Police will attend is another matter, mostly they dont over here if the theft is of low value.

there's even proper etiquette and couth manners involved there - many of the older US urban areas have grassways with trees between the roadway and public sidewalks - multitude of fruit/nut bearing trees involved - 100% municipal public property - but homeowner maintained as part of their property ....

you don't start climbing trees in front of a person's home or even basketing fallen fruit without permission ...

hard to believe but it does happen ....

I had a problem one year with our fenced garden area. I believe it was the "gardener" that helped they old lady next to us. We'll she helped herself to our garden, sure it was her. So I stopped the garden. The next year, our son moved a trailer on our property, and his very large dog was able to run in the whole fenced garden area. This lady cleared out our fruit trees overnight, too. Glad we've moved to a red state, and glad we're at our farm now.

I'm not surprised anymore. When municipalities like mine wanna charge you a $20 fee per chicken if you want to raise chickens in your backyard.. the fact that these kinds of laws get passed in the first place is mind boggling.

However, if it was that woman's first offense, I would have let her off with a warning. Sometimes it's not worth it. I confronted a homeless man going through my recycling bin one time, mainly because he was agitating my dogs and their aggressive barking didn't even make him budge. I don't care he can take all the recyclables and turn them in for a few cents a piece, but it's the principle of the matter. I didn't even get pissed off about that, I got pissed off because he didn't put back the shit that he dug threw he just left it on the street. If you really want to scrape the bottom of the barrel for some money that's fine (i shred all the sensitive stuff and burn it). But at least clean up after yourself! Am I really asking for too much?

I had a problem one year with our fenced garden area. I believe it was the "gardener" that helped they old lady next to us. We'll she helped herself to our garden, sure it was her. So I stopped the garden. The next year, our son moved a trailer on our property, and his very large dog was able to run in the whole fenced garden area. This lady cleared out our fruit trees overnight, too. Glad we've moved to a red state, and glad we're at our farm now.

There is a lovely menonite family in a village near here I befriended, they suffered for years with people simply scaling their walled garden and stealing fruit and veg. I and a few fellow veterans took up overwatch for a few evenings and dished out a bit of rough justice, their crops are untouched now.

Latest posts

Back