WaterBrick or similar?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me take on water storage is pretty simple. It is one of, if not the single most important resource you'll need. Not only is it SUPER important for human survival, it's also a potential problem in almost ANY survival situation you can be in.

I hate when people say "You get what you pay for", but..... You get what you pay for. There are very few water storage containers that actually hold up to minimal abuse. The advantage of these is not only that they do take abuse(As you can see from Lindy's VERY REAL testimony), but they can be used for food, structural "support" and myriad other uses.

I'm not trying to make this a commercial for water bricks, but there are a lot of things out there that won't measure up. This is one of hte reasons I like lifestraw. Unless there is a draught or other contamination issue(Which I acknowledge is a VERY real possibility) then you have water at home or on the go. I know some people that have stockpiled literally hundreds if not a thousand gallons of water, but when asked how they're going to move them if they can't hunker down at home, they looked at me with a kind of lost look on their face.

Planning to stay or go is going to have a big impact on your water situation. If you plan to do BOTH depending on the situation, then definitely address both. There is little doubt in my mind that lifestraw is a necessity whether you stay or go, but I'm sure there are other options. If you are thinking of bugging in, then a 55 gallon drum could be used. We have had one at camp for decades that have been used to connect to showers and pumped into the sinks, etc. It's not an easy thing to set up, but it will work. They take room, but like water bricks, they can be stacked on and used for security against doors even.

I'm writing a book here, sorry about that. I tend to do that sometimes... :oops: This is a never ending discussion with endless possibilities though, and one that should be had as often as it does.

Yeah alabaster, I liked your novel too! I couldn't agree more about water being the most important thing you can prep for, just look at what's happening in the Philippines. I hear lots of people talk about having multiple ways to make fire, but most only have 1 storage system for water. Remember, redundancy is always wise, have a backup plan for both bugging in and out, having a third option is really smart too. I recently saw a show called naked and afraid, they take two people, strip them down and drop them in a remote location and see if they can make it 30 days. (I guess the naked is to see how tough you really are!). Anyways, this episode I think was in a jungle in Borneo, and the guy drank from a stream after about two days of not getting a fire going to boil water. Sure enough, two days later he was sick as a dog, and ended up being hospitalized. This was a reality show, where the crew was able to step in and help, if it was real not only was he going to die, but his partner that was relying on him would too. Don't ever take water for granted!

Latest posts

Back