voice activation..

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my phone is a $30 cheapo ATT and I treat it like what it is crap,,,,it rides in the truck almost everywhere I go on airplane mode ,signal around here is piss poor so I put it in that mode to conserve the battery,,,$27.00 and change for unlimited talk and text,,,,I don't text and I make maybe 10 calls a month on it,,,,,,ans no one has my number

So yesterday me and the mutt were sitting on top of the ridge enjoying the view. My cell phone was sitting on the ground next to me and the dog put his nose on the phone and called my wife in Alaska. I've yet to figure out how he did it.

Wait until he figures out your password... boy is your dog going to spill the beans on you!

I like Apple. It was made for dummies and I’m not ashamed to admit I’m technologically illiterate. I was able to figure out how to use it without instructions, which they don’t come with by the way. Really, the main reason I got an iPhone was they work with my Resound hearing aids. It automatically rings and talks in my ears wirelessly. Without this I probably could not work any more with being so deaf now. I would probably have a blackberry if it was all my hearing aids could work with!
I liked what I heard recently. In America you can tell how poor someone is by how old their iPhone model is.....

My damn phone is always butt dialing or worse, doing that damn messenger video chat thing. (so folks see the inside of my pocket). Given my disdain for many clothes when it's just me and the wife at the house, it's amazing this hasn't happened at a really bad time yet....lol.

whats an iPhone??:p

It's for folks who like spending twice as much for tech that is a couple years behind an Android, and who like spending money on extras like a home button or a jack for headphones.

Basically, it's a moron badge. It's good though, because it lets you know someone's an idiot without even talking to them. :D

I had a Moto X Pure (2015), that I bought in 2016 refurbished from Best Buy for under $200. I call it a top level phone at a mid level price. It was called the "Pure" edition because it was devoid of all the bloatware that usually comes on phones and was stock Android. One Moto program, that's it. I really loved that phone, but it had a run-in with concrete that it didn't survive. I got a mid level Android phone to replace it but found that not being able to see the screen in sunlight, and not being able to hear the speakerphone in the truck just didn't cut it.

I started looking at other mid-level Android phones and realized that none of the current mid level phones matched the specs of my 2015 phone. So I started looking at the top level phones, and the direction they are going with the top-of-the-line phones didn't appeal to me AT ALL. Plus, none even had all the features that I liked about my 2015 model!

So I turned to eBay and found a NIB Moto X Pure for $185. Yep, it's a crap shoot, but I rolled 'em right on this one! It came in the mail yesterday...

GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE, 21 MP camera, Hexa core processor, water resistant, (but not shock proof :( ) 1440x2560 5.7" screen, legible in full sunlight. LOUD true stereo front facing speakers (one top and one bottom). I'm happy with my phone again. A heavy duty case is on order :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back