Unique Trade Goods

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trading and bartering,,, why are we talking about this???? many here think we will see a massive die of,possibly 75% or more,and people will spread out there will be some clusters but not many,,,,land homes and livestock abandoned and there for the taking,,,, it is not looting if the people are gone

most livestock are good escape artists especially sheep. personally I prefer game meat not farmed meat, but a few "rescued" sheep will keep the grass down when there is no fuel for motor mowers, pigs are good "tractors" and will turn the soil over for us.

trading and bartering,,, why are we talking about this???? many here think we will see a massive die off,possibly 75% or more,and people will spread out there will be some clusters but not many,,,,land homes and livestock abandoned and there for the taking,,,, it is not looting if the people are gone

While I do not rule out a mass die off, namely in the major metro areas, or areas with limited water supply (i.e. imagine how Las Vegas will fare in a grid down situation, no water), I intend to see to it that the die off in my area is limited as much as possible.

most livestock are good escape artists especially sheep. personally I prefer game meat not farmed meat, but a few "rescued" sheep will keep the grass down when there is no fuel for motor mowers, pigs are good "tractors" and will turn the soil over for us.

Do not know which livestock you have had, but I have done very well with goats, cows and hogs on pasture using portable electrified fencing.
Have not lost so much as one.

While I do not rule out a mass die off, namely in the major metro areas, or areas with limited water supply (i.e. imagine how Las Vegas will fare in a grid down situation, no water), I intend to see to it that the die off in my area is limited as much as possible.
how do you intend to do that? be everyone's supply depot?
I cant save everyone nor will I try.

I dont trust people that far, I dont intend to let ANYONE know I have ANYTHING.
Like I said WTSHTF it will be different over here.
I realize that every location is different and everyone's situation is different. I live in a very lightly populated area. Theres very few people around here and I know most of them. Everybody that I know is very welcome at our place.

I live on the edge of a small rural English market town, I know most people but very few work in Agriculture and even less have any rural skills or knowledge, most work in another place and its like a ghost town for most of the day, if a fast SHTF event happens most wont even make it back .

how do you intend to do that? be everyone's supply depot?
I cant save everyone nor will I try.

Can I bring in enough wood to heat for the winter by myself?
Maybe.
But with the neighbors help, I could. Then I help them in return. And so on.
We all grow the biggest gardens we can. Trade excess for different things.
Make trades for different things or just help someone because I can, especially the elderly.

Could I go it alone and survive?
Maybe.
But it will be a whole lot easier with many hands helping for different chores, and increase my chances of survival.

most people here dont even garden much less grow their own food, most houses are all electric, so even thinking any of them could survive SHTF much less help afterwards is a non starter..
I have planned a simple post collapse lifestyle with just me and mine, anyone else is on their own and its up them to prepare not me.

Latest posts

Back