This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we have never gone so long without mowing the pastures. Just one horse now, so not much need to keep them that way. Next month though, boarding 5 more horses, so we went out there. Grass up to waist high, and lots of bushes.

We have a mowing attachment for our Bush Hog. Holy cow! It mowed over all of it. I didn't think it would, but man, it went right through it. I am so impressed with farm implements at this moment. Kept me from doing the bunny habitat, but I did get around to making fencing repairs.

Since I already have on hand 7/20w solar panels and several battery packs/(AA/AAA) charging stations for the panels I put in an ordered for,
NiMH pre-Charged 4th generation batteries
48 eneloop AAA (radios and lights)
48 eneloop AA (lights)
12 eneloop 'D' Spacers (primarily use for my Streamlight siege lanterns)

The panels, battery packs/chargers, radios and batteries should all fit nicely in my plano extra large pistol/accessories hard case

never thought I would be glad to recive my gas mask today..but what's happening around us I sure was...it still was the same way to put it on as in my training days..old habits don't die...we just get a tiny bit slower ;)

I had my final interview at the US consulate today and got approved for a greencard. I will soon be a permanent resident of the US of A!
Just canceled my rental agreement for our current apartment.
119 days to go!

Congrats Marv to your new life in the US,people like you is what Europe would need,but I'm super glad to your succes :)

as my gasmask had 60mm threads..well I ordered an adapter that converts it to 40mm and the nato standard

have to get some sealant in a small tube too,if needed then use it ;)
just for the risk Maverick pointed out to me,thanks by the way..didn't think that far ;)

I already have a good stock of exam gloves and masks, but I think it may be time to get some of the disposable bunny suits too. Along with some rolls of plastic sheeting, and more bleach.

.i just picked more okra..i had to cut open 4 of them to save the seeds,on account i had overlooked them 3 or 4 times.we had a cold/cool spell a few days ago..and it looks like i wont be getting any more tomatoes this year.but at least i saved seeds from both..

a nurse came out and removed the stitches from my moms ankle today..now i have me a stitch cutting scissor, a adson 4 3/4 inch forcep (a type of tweezer)..povidone-iodine prep pad,..and im hanging on to them :)

good!! keep them,have a similar set my self,who knows they might be useful in the future :)
got yesterday my gasmask adapter,today it's time to get filters for it, now I can use filters with 60mm or 40mm threads

Havn't gotten much done last couple of weeks I worked 60+ hours ths week the 2 previous weeks only took 1 day off in 15 days . Lots of stress too as we our being poorly lead right now . Lots of our folks looking to me to fix it but I'm mid level and just have to tuff it out . But I have picked up several box's of ammo including 3 box's of .22 LR and starting to pick up a LED lantern each pay check with spare batteries . Mabe the stress is causing the some what darkness of my post here lately .

Havn't gotten much done last couple of weeks I worked 60+ hours ths week the 2 previous weeks only took 1 day off in 15 days . Lots of stress too as we our being poorly lead right now . Lots of our folks looking to me to fix it but I'm mid level and just have to tuff it out . But I have picked up several box's of ammo including 3 box's of .22 LR and starting to pick up a LED lantern each pay check with spare batteries . Mabe the stress is causing the some what darkness of my post here lately .

I hope things smooth out for you! I switched out all my gas lanterns for LED lanterns and been quite happy with the change so far.

i been wanting to get some lanterns that can be recharged by the way of solar power and/or hand crank.this way,this way we have light if we have a power grid
failure

i been wanting to get some lanterns that can be recharged by the way of solar power and/or hand crank.this way,this way we have light if we have a power grid
failure

Goal Zero has one but a bit spendy
http://www.amazon.com/32001-Lighthouse-Portable-Battery-Charger/dp/B00DVE8DUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413829645&sr=8-1&keywords=goal zero lantern

I am currently using the Streamlight Siege lanterns, along with my standard alkaline batteries I am using the eneloop 'D' spacers then all I have to do is charges the AA batteries for the eneloop spacers

Latest posts

Back