This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my fencing delivered yesterday (100' of chainlink, 4' high, for $30). Have to love community yard sale and craigslist. This is for converting a horse stall to a deluxe bunny habitat. Incidentally, also got two sets of cowboy boots for $10 each. Woo hoo!

I was checking into really nice, but used grills, and most are running around 150$ - 200$ (for high quality grills that originally cost over $400). I did just get new burners and burner covers for mine though (which cost about $80 total) so this one should still last a bit, but I'll keep it as an additional one to have for larger cookouts needing two grills.

Edit: Yes, the chainlink won't be great for young rabbits, so we're still keeping the 3 section hutch handy for young, but the chainlink is small enough to prevent full size bunnies from getting out.
I have a grill now that's still working well, but had one on sale at work four or five months ago that was too good to pass on. It's just fine in the garage till needed. Anytime I can get a good deal on something I'm going to use, I always feel that's the time to buy it even if I don't need it right now.

the 500 rounds costed 24.89..only thing is..their the lead rounds.and not the copper jacket..which i prefer..

the 500 rounds costed 24.89..only thing is..their the lead rounds.and not the copper jacket..which i prefer..
Score! In this market beggars can't be choosey. Loads of people would have made a profit off that. I like the idea of it being my insurance policy for the future.

good day for okra..i got 1 more quart bag full.pluse almost half quart bag of another..plus i
just removed the seeds from some dried okra.and still got some others still drying..

good day for okra..i got 1 more quart bag full.pluse almost half quart bag of another..plus i
just removed the seeds from some dried okra.and still got some others still drying..
I'm still picking lots of okra, but just giving away most now. I'll wait till the end of the season and just leave several pods on the plants to dry out naturally for the seeds for next year. I think this is about the fifth year on the same line of orka. That reminds me, I need to save a couple tomatoes for seed. Anyone ever used the seeds before, and how did you do it? when I tilled the garden for the fall planting there were several rotten tomatoes that got tilled in, and damned if they didn't sprout, dozens of the little buggars! I don't think I ever got that good of germination where I wanted it to grow!!!!

this is my 1st year for saving any type of seed..i took the tomatoes in which i saved the seeds from.i cut open the tomatoes,and dumped the seeds and pieces of tomato with seeds on them into a wire flour sifter thats shaped like a bowl.and then run water over them untill i have the seeds rinsed off good enough.and i remove the pieces of tomato while doing this..then i laid the seeds out onto a towel to dry.i think that took 3-4 days for them to dry..i might have tomatoes come up in my garden next year,and in the feild behind the house as well.on account i had some rot on me.in which some ended up in the garden as well as the feild...

this is my 1st year for saving any type of seed..i took the tomatoes in which i saved the seeds from.i cut open the tomatoes,and dumped the seeds and pieces of tomato with seeds on them into a wire flour sifter thats shaped like a bowl.and then run water over them untill i have the seeds rinsed off good enough.and i remove the pieces of tomato while doing this..then i laid the seeds out onto a towel to dry.i think that took 3-4 days for them to dry..i might have tomatoes come up in my garden next year,and in the feild behind the house as well.on account i had some rot on me.in which some ended up in the garden as well as the feild...
I'll cut open a couple and see if I can salvage some seeds. Seriously, I plucked about fifty tomatoe seedlings out of the garden recently. Broke my little heart, but just as they would get big enough to produce we will have our first frost and they would be toast anyways. The beans, watermelon and okra are really easy as they are large, well see how much fun it is to pick out tomatoe seeds!

Just ordered some large sheets of clear polythene plus duct tape, activated charcoal and woven filter matting to be able to seal up doors and windows in case this ebola outbreak does get out of hand, the charcoal and matting will make an improvised air filter. Last month I bought plenty of FFP 3 masks ( N99) nitrile gloves, spray disinfectants to go with the three NBC suits (impregnated bone charcoal)

Last edited:
This weekend, the wife should finally get around to mowing the main pasture (has to be done with the tractor), as we'll be getting 5 boarder horses next month. At least it's a boarder we've had before, and one of the only ones to ever pay on time, etc. Self-board, so basically all we have to do it turn them out, easy money each month. Yay!

While she's doing that, I'll be starting (finally) on the new home for the bunnies. Just in time for colder weather to arrive too, so will be much easier to keep them warm in the new digs I'm making for them. I'll be using the leftover materials to make a doghouse for the dog yard, in case they are ever out and it just starts storming.

This weekend, the wife should finally get around to mowing the main pasture (has to be done with the tractor), as we'll be getting 5 boarder horses next month. At least it's a boarder we've had before, and one of the only ones to ever pay on time, etc. Self-board, so basically all we have to do it turn them out, easy money each month. Yay!

While she's doing that, I'll be starting (finally) on the new home for the bunnies. Just in time for colder weather to arrive too, so will be much easier to keep them warm in the new digs I'm making for them. I'll be using the leftover materials to make a doghouse for the dog yard, in case they are ever out and it just starts storming.
Keeping them warm is not a problem, between the fur coat and high metabolism, they do great in the winter. Summer is another story. Keeping them cool is the hard part. Also, remember you have to seperate them when pregnant, as the others tend to eat the babies. I just got two more batches of babies, 8 in one and a pile in the other I hanen't counted yet. They really do "breed like rabbits"!

Just ordered some large sheets of clear polythene plus duct tape, activated charcoal and woven filter matting to be able to seal up doors and windows in case this ebola outbreak does get out of hand, the charcoal and matting will make an improvised air filter. Last month I bought plenty of FFP 3 masks ( N99) nitrile gloves, spray disinfectants to go with the three NBC suits (impregnated bone charcoal)

it seems we have to step up our prepping..too much going around right now...

i just picked enough okra to fill a 1 quart zipper bag..and then i took out all the quart bags okra from the freezer.and the partial bag from the fridge.,and heres what i have up to now.and my plants still have okra on them..the on in the middle ,and on the bottom.is the one i just picked..and i just noticed.that i havent been dateing them..so i'll put 2014 on them..

001.JPG

I'm gonna try okra next summer..now I'm doing my long,warm,rain in the night sun in the day dance here..

i would send ya some of the rain im getting..but i don't think that it'd make it that far..

Latest posts

Back