This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after 6 months of checking online several times a week (sometimes daily) I FINALLY scored on bullets I wanted to reload for my 223. I ordered enough to keep me busy loading for a while. Only about half of what I want but am tickled I found what I did!! Great thing is I got them for the same price as they sold for last fall before the craze started. It seems ammo lines are beginning to loosen up some.

Had a busy day prepping went out and bought some 30 litre buckets for storage, and bought a poly tunnel for growing stuff in , I have managed to persuade my wife that this is the way we have to go now ,and she is all for it. also bought some timber , ( couldn't find any free stuff ) for creating another raised bed.

;) I'll help if you'll help with weeding my garden...seems it is a never ending task. How is it that weeds grow faster (and in worse weather) than the veggies?

Don't forget the ticks... they grow faster than the weeds.

Sounds like you've been busy as can be Mike. I know I've been trying to get ready for Saturday's market. Made 3 dozen jars of jelly this morning, waiting for it to cool enough to move so I can get started on the cookies.

I've been horrible today, I haven't even looked at the gardens yet. Hubs is home from work today so I think I'll let him mess with them while I work in the house.

Does she have it planned out as to what she wants to put in?

yeah poly 1 is all for tomatos and peppers and courgettes and salad stuff . poly 2 is for soft fruit ie rasps and strawbs shes also got her beady eyes on patio fruit trees ,apple, plum, pear, and cherry

LOL! I didn't even mess with strawberries this year, whatever came back is there for the kids to pick. It seems like whenever I have a good crop of strawberries coming, one of the horses will get loose and inhale them.

I would love to put in some more peach trees, dwarf ones this time. I'd like to do some pecan trees as well. We've got hickory and walnut trees already that produce pretty heavily. I'd like to maybe do hazelnut as well.

don't you think you got enough to do with all those animals and baking and gardening and looking after your family you need some time for you sweetheart

I'll admit that you are probably right Mike. This summer has turned out to be far busier than I had anticipated. I figure if I can make enough during the warmer months, I can relax a bit when it turns cold. There just seems to be so many things that need to get done and just not enough hours to do it all in.

Thank you, I hope so too. The income goes into the 'just in case' funds. Isn't it amazing at how many 'just in case' things happen?

Latest posts

Back