This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been stocking up on many things, we have also been working on a freeze dried Brunswick stew recipes that will feed the entire family including the in-laws, they are getting older and not in the best of health.
Great Idea, we shouild stay in touch!

Bought more sugar, flour, sunflower oil, salt, yeast, baking powder, flashlight batteries, petroleum oil, candles.
Planted 5 rows of potatos, 3 rows of baking potatos and 2 rows of salad potatos.
Pulled the last tomatos and bell peppers plants out of the garden, rototilled the last third and spread the needed fertiliser in front of the rain supposedly coming the next few days.
Did some work building in a kitchen for a neighbor and made an extra $120 and doubled my income this month. The next project is laying some kitchen tiles for her daughter and will make another $140 next week. Then a friend of them both has a bigger project the 2 weeks later.
Will be doing some logging next Th/Fr/Sa and will earn some from that also, plus I can pick up all the wood left laying around in the private forest where I will be working and can have it for firewood!!!! Good month this month.

I pulled some popcorn out of the pantry. It has been in a plastic jug for 5 years. No vacuum seal or mylar bags.

It popped beautifully.

I pulled a bucket of Popcorn out that I had not sealed in Mylar when going over my stocks. Had been in a rush one day and it got missed. That was more than 6 years ago. So I tested it and it popped great!

The bucket would have help some, but I’m surprised it is still good!

Got more lamp fuel. Looking for wicks for our lamps. They seem to be sold out everywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

Amazon has oil and wicks. I know, it stinks to buy from them…

I got antsy about running out of oil and wicks a couple of months ago…so I stocked more.

Amazon has oil and wicks. I know, it stinks to buy from them…

I got antsy about running out of oil and wicks a couple of months ago…so I stocked more.
Thanks. Oddly, I didn't even check there! I have gotten so out of the habit of buying from Amazon.

Got more lamp fuel. Looking for wicks for our lamps. They seem to be sold out everywhere.
I got 2 more liters of petroleum also and two packages of 3 feet each of wicks. Only half a dollar per pack. I can ship you some if you do not find any...Private message or Skype and exchange address or PO box.

Latest posts

Back