This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A vest here is definitely an outer garment, unless it is a down vest worn under an overcoat or a fancy vest that goes with a three piece suite. I guess that's why the expression "Playing it close to the vest" (from the fact that gamblers wore vests) is not used in the UK. Instead I think y'all say "Playing it close to the chest."

Things like a "Vest pocket watch" or "Vest Pocket Kodak" or "Colt Model 1908 Vest Pocket" would not make much sense.

$_1.JPG

Kodak_Vest_Pocket.gif

600px-Saboteur1942-Colt1908.jpg

i'd call it a waistcoat.
I haven't worn a suit for 36 years, it was part of my previous existence. a completely different lifestyle which I have consigned to history.
I think someone moved the buttons on my suits. They seem to be tighter than they used to be... Oh well, they didn't get much action anymore anyways.

Tilled in a bunch of manure into one of the greenhouse beds yesterday. Planted some lettuces and radishes in a third of it. Thinking of carrots and beets, but have loads of them canned allready. Got some more painting done on the sun room and finished the last of the framing on the new place for the kids. We started wiring some too. Overall a good day.

BTW, what DO you call the vest of a three piece suit? Or do you even have three piece suits???
3158585_fpx.tif
FYI that is a dreadfully badly cut suit, sleeves too short, jacket too short in length, waistcoat too short, you dont wear a belt with a suit, breast pocket slightly too high, and usually with thin lapels the jacket pockets are often slanted slightly. Oh and the guy clearly cannot tie a tie.

I think someone moved the buttons on my suits. They seem to be tighter than they used to be... Oh well, they didn't get much action anymore anyways.

Me too, at my mums recent funeral I needed to move the buttons on the trousers nearly an inch just to get em fastened. I think suits must shrink in the ward robe :)

I've started prepping for Christmas.:D

Usually we have a homemade and home grown affair but as the move interrupted production and as I have what can only be described as a oversized food wamer instead of an oven,(it's so bad I bought a tabletop halogen oven) I haven't made anything!
So I hit the shops this morning and placed an order with the butcher, just the veg to get. I have no idea why people go into meltdown.

I've started prepping for Christmas.:D

Usually we have a homemade and home grown affair but as the move interrupted production and as I have what can only be described as a oversized food wamer instead of an oven,(it's so bad I bought a tabletop halogen oven) I haven't made anything!
So I hit the shops this morning and placed an order with the butcher, just the veg to get. I have no idea why people go into meltdown.
Christmas is going to be pretty simple around here this year. Just me and the dog, and he's easy to shop for. The wife is spending Christmas up north this year and won't be home until mid January. I'll probably grill a couple steaks for me and the mutt.

Christmas already prepped, turkey already dead and lightly smoked and now sets in the freezer. Lisa bought me a case of whiskey for one of my Christmas gifts though she pulled a bottle out and set it on the bar with the instructions I can't open it till Christmas... What kind of human does that to another human :(

IMG_2775.JPG

Latest posts

Back