The New X Class Pickup

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score

Another awesome vehicle exclusive only to the European market. The all new Mercedes Benz X Class Pickup.

#excellence

16c964-18-d328541-1.jpg

xclass_rear_34_1477491447_615x345.jpg

AR-170729921.jpg

2018-Mercedes-Benz-X-Class.jpg

2018-mercedes-x-pickup-truck-interior-gauges.jpg

270916_Mercedes-Benz.jpg

It would be good to be rich.....

I wouldn't say you have to be rich to buy one...the base price is around $43,000. A nicely equipped new Ford F150 is around $50,000. New pick-ups in general however aren't cheap.

These will probably depreciate a considerable amount first couple years. Problem is they won't be producing them for American market.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PRICED NEW TRUCKS,,,,,,,,,$##$$$#caps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the prices will make you flinch

Yes I agree most pickup trucks are grossly overpriced new but there is a substantial markup. My buddy just haggled almost like $16,000 off a new loaded Dodge Ram pickup with Cummins Diesel.

I wouldn't say you have to be rich to buy one...the base price is around $43,000. A nicely equipped new Ford F150 is around $50,000. New pick-ups in general however aren't cheap.

These will probably depreciate a considerable amount first couple years. Problem is they won't be producing them for American market.
If you’re willing to shell out a little more you could just import one from there. I imported a Mitsubishi jeep from Japan that was never sold here and it was really easy. Of course there’s the whole ‘if it was never sold here then there’s no parts for it here either ‘ thing to consider. It’s time to change the oil in my jeep and I have to order the filter from Japan. Oh well, it’s still pretty cool to have a one of a kind thing. Luckily I have another vehicle to rely on while waiting for parts though.

If you’re willing to shell out a little more you could just import one from there. I imported a Mitsubishi jeep from Japan that was never sold here and it was really easy. Of course there’s the whole ‘if it was never sold here then there’s no parts for it here either ‘ thing to consider. It’s time to change the oil in my jeep and I have to order the filter from Japan. Oh well, it’s still pretty cool to have a one of a kind thing. Luckily I have another vehicle to rely on while waiting for parts though.

mitsubishi-jeep-turbo-03.jpg

Kwel!

Gold alloy wheels are nice touch. Looks real clean.
It’s a 91 and is in really good original shape. About 40k miles. Other than the parts thing I really love it. One thing about Japanese vehicles though, they are on an island so anything near the coast has rust. This one was inland so was pretty much rust free. The practical side of me thinks a wrangler would have made more sense, but the ‘talaban’ Diesel engine sold me on this thing. It’s a tough little buggar.

It’s a 91 and is in really good original shape. About 40k miles. Other than the parts thing I really love it. One thing about Japanese vehicles though, they are on an island so anything near the coast has rust. This one was inland so was pretty much rust free. The practical side of me thinks a wrangler would have made more sense, but the ‘talaban’ Diesel engine sold me on this thing. It’s a tough little buggar.

Japanese vehicles in general are known for efficiency. They used to build their vehicles with thinner lighter sheet metal than other manufacturers. Even American made Japanese cars used to have have rust issues but overal they're some of the most dependable automobiles on market. Nice find Brent.

Bah, I got a Ford F350, and I can just go around the corner and get a part. ;)

Yea but with a Japanese car you won't need to get parts as often. ;) German cars on the other hand are prone to having electrical/sensor issues but have been getting better as of late.

Latest posts

Back