The Future

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Change is always guaranteed. Businesses are always looking for ways to reduce their costs, lower their overhead and improve profits. Since the beginning of time people have been replaced by machines whenever possible. I don't see that trend changing any time soon. We all use machines to make our lives easier.

The only machinery I ever created was biological, though the learning curve was steep and when all said and done they were making my coffee and serving it too and after a couple of years of learning they were splitting and stacking my wood pile, eventually they begin running errands for me but somewhere down the road a short circuit occurred or something, they developed an attitude that I couldn't fix and then THEN, they started multiplying, they are self replicating.... and now they practically control everything.

The only machinery I ever created was biological, though the learning curve was steep and when all said and done they were making my coffee and serving it too and after a couple of years of learning they were splitting and stacking my wood pile, eventually they begin running errands for me but somewhere down the road a short circuit occurred or something, they developed an attitude that I couldn't fix and then THEN, they started multiplying, they are self replicating.... and now they practically control everything.
sounds like a infestation of rugrats ,,,,,,you are doomed

Gee, my 3rd wife was 25 years younger than I.

It didn't last.

When my wife and I were divorced I was 30 and had a girlfriend that was 21. It did not last either. Found out she was cheating on me and that the she was pregnant and didn't know who the dad was. She had a miscarriage so I guess I got lucky on that one. She was very materialistic. I ended up sleeping with all of her friends and then moved on. I'm not that great of a catch but the girls jumped at the opportunity, LOL. She must have said good things before we split.

Well, that is one option.
WHEN the SHTF I don't see a great use of machinery afterwards, no electric to run them and no fuel supplies for them either.
we in the UK will not be harvesting vast fields of corn for which we need a combine harvester, our needs will be much smaller and will be confined at most to land the size of smallholdings-you'd probably call it a hobby farm, or allotments-larger veg gardens, we will have more of a need for hand tools as at least in the beginning all food growing will be at the subsistence level, enough for our own needs but only that, no excess.
machinery will end up as so much scrap metal.

Looks like a tank, and you could call it a "light tank" but the PL-01 is actually more of an AFV (Armored Fighting Vehicle) like the Bradley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL-01

Yeah I realized that. I'm surprised tanks haven't decreased in size much with modern technology. Eliminate one or two crew members...make them self loading...auto locking...with ability to be controlled from a secured base...like a drone. The future?

Hard to believe Polish origins. No offense to Polish.

It's o.k.
I was born in 1946 and after Korea in the 1950's there was a lot of military
equipment surplus for sale including foreign mil sup.
I recall Polish tanks advertised as unfired and with back up lights.

Actually the Polish kicked Nazi butts after during and after D-day.
Most Polish soldiers didn't take German prisoners.
Any Nazi dumb enough to surrender was shot on the spot.
Shame huh?

Hard to believe Polish origins. No offense to Polish.

Between the Bumar Group and BAE Systems Poland should be knocking out some decent equipment, besides, there been a blood feud with russia for centuries winning it's independence twice maybe three times? I don't think they want to go for 3 or 4, Pols have been at war with someone throughout it's existence practically, think England and France have a colorful history look at Poland ;)

Latest posts

Back