The Future

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh, Maverick is a cradle robber, LOL. What age brackets are you guys in? My wife and I are only a few years apart.

Gee, my 3rd wife was 25 years younger than I.

It didn't last.
We are friends and she gave me a fine son who is now 17 and I'm 70.
My youngest son and I are quite close and he's a brilliant, polite, soft spoken, handsome, 6 ft.
tall, young man.
He won't graduate high school however.
Why?
He's been accepted into an accelerated nursing program specializing in diabetes care.
We are both diabetic.
He's not a snowflake fellow either.
He hunts and shoots with me as often as we can.
He'll inherit my earthy goods.
Both his mom and step dad work for G.M. and between them earn over $200,000 annually
so the lad wants for nothing.
O.K. so I brag on my son. Nothing wrong with that!

Least it won't be my future, at my age it would still be in the expensive toy stage when I die, if it wasn't for my wife I wouldn't be on the computer but given her age she grew up with the crap, me on the other hand is still a pencil and paper guy.

The most disturbing thing about this is that I just found out that footage is actually over 10 years old. That is only what we're allowed to see. I can only imagine what exists behind closed doors.

Imagine a day in which a cyborg walks among us undetected. I find this more terrifying than most other shtf scenarios.

Last edited:
Least it won't be my future, at my age it would still be in the expensive toy stage when I die, if it wasn't for my wife I wouldn't be on the computer but given her age she grew up with the crap, me on the other hand is still a pencil and paper guy.

Uh-oh, Mav. Is this something else we have in common? My wife is 14 yrs younger than me.

no machine can replace man,it can not reason all it can do is follows a program

your future is what you make it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The last time I was in Tokyo a few years ago I got to see the Honda Asimo in person. It was something to see. For those of you whom have never been to Tokyo...it's like the space age. They...the Japanese...are easily 10 years ahead of us.

no machine can replace man,it can not reason all it can do is follows a program

your future is what you make it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't know about this Ghost. Machines have already replaced man in many ways...including many factories. They are even currently trying to pass legislation that would require machines to be taxed. It's only matter of time when a self aware AI is publicly revealed.

The last time I was in Tokyo a few years ago I got to see the Honda Asimo in person. It was something to see. For those of you whom have never been to Tokyo...it's like the space age. They...the Japanese...are easily 10 years ahead of us.

And we thought we won WWII.

We only stopped the shooting.
The Japanese beat our brains out in vehicles, optics, machinery, now automation.
And they bred and bred and bred.
Made in Japan used to mean "you bought junk", now it's primo goods and China is coming
on strong.
American made goods had to improve or face zero market share.
I worked about 7 years for G.M in supervision and watched automatic machinery replace humans
When the Lordstown Oh. was built it employed 12,000 workers and management.
When I left there were less than 1800 total.
It was a lazy U.A.W. worker that couldn't earn $90,000 annually with a bit of over time.
Benefits were the best in manufacturing and cost the worker zero.
U.S. auto plant use Just in Time, (jit) parts delivery, from steel to rivets thus zero inventory
on hand.
JIT was pioneered by the Japanese and U.S. copied it.
Kanban was also a Japanese concept copied by the west.

Kanban(看板?) (literally signboard or billboard inJapanese) is a scheduling system for lean manufacturing and just-in-time manufacturing (JIT).
Kanban is an inventory-control system to control the supply chain.

Supply chain management is now offered by universities as a degree and a good one to have.

My second time around I married a younger woman too. She wants to work another 5 years. Don't know why, but that's her choice.

Lisa doesn't travel much anymore, she's got a nice lab here and for the most part the USGS will send her the core samples for analysis unless its from out of the country, then she has to go to WSU lab up north. She hasn't even talked about retirement in a serious manner.

Change is always guaranteed. Businesses are always looking for ways to reduce their costs, lower their overhead and improve profits. Since the beginning of time people have been replaced by machines whenever possible. I don't see that trend changing any time soon. We all use machines to make our lives easier.

I'd like to have one of those things. Can it run a chainsaw?

The only machinery I ever created was biological, though the learning curve was steep and when all said and done they were making my coffee and serving it too and after a couple of years of learning they were splitting and stacking my wood pile, eventually they begin running errands for me but somewhere down the road a short circuit occurred or something, they developed an attitude that I couldn't fix and then THEN, they started multiplying, they are self replicating.... and now they practically control everything.

The only machinery I ever created was biological, though the learning curve was steep and when all said and done they were making my coffee and serving it too and after a couple of years of learning they were splitting and stacking my wood pile, eventually they begin running errands for me but somewhere down the road a short circuit occurred or something, they developed an attitude that I couldn't fix and then THEN, they started multiplying, they are self replicating.... and now they practically control everything.
sounds like a infestation of rugrats ,,,,,,you are doomed

Back