PRepp'n on a dime

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like what you said about clothing and it made me think about how women want to flaunt it these days. The more skin showing the better. I don't stand in judgement of this but it did make me think about how lawless this country could become. Not many will still be protected under the powers of law enforcement. Physical crimes will once again reach the top of the charts. And I think that abuses against women will lead that scenario. We will go back to the days where protecting women will become a first priority and their freedoms will be diminished. Every woman I know will rebell against this. I can see this, "Look I need to get out of here and spend some time alone". I don't know, maybe I'm getting a little too far out there but my vision of the future is we're going back in time to when people lived off the land and they had only themselves for protection. When you never let anyone close to you out of your sight.

This is what i have and i have never been sick. It is very expensive and not very user friendly, but i have filtered some nasty water. Do your research, you want something down in the 0.2 or 0.3 microns. Like you said there is a lot to choose from. On are trips we boil water at camp for cooking and use the filter for drinking water. Also think about a life straw here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Vestergaard-F...F3TW4/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid

A good water filter is something I still need to find for my bob ,but there are so many to choose from
what about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-SP131-...368162058&sr=8-2&keywords=sawyer+water+filter

i havent tested it yet. i am going to in a few days. i left out a kiddy pool for a few days and looks like it is getting pretty narly looking. so i will try the katadyn filter and this filter to see which one seems to work better.

this says it has a 1 million gallon guarantee. but i am guessing that it is for clear water. such as streams, lakes, rivers....

I was in an outdoor shop yesterday looking at water filters, some of them are so expensive, think I will stick to straining it thru a sweaty sock and boiling it , but seriously no way am I paying hundreds of pounds for a water filter .

what about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-SP131-PointOne-Squeeze-Pouches/dp/B005EHPVQW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368162058&sr=8-2&keywords=sawyer water filter

i havent tested it yet. i am going to in a few days. i left out a kiddy pool for a few days and looks like it is getting pretty narly looking. so i will try the katadyn filter and this filter to see which one seems to work better.

this says it has a 1 million gallon guarantee. but i am guessing that it is for clear water. such as streams, lakes, rivers....
Thats pretty cool, I like how it takes up no space, and only 3 oz

Boil then bleach.
I'd bleach then boil.

My reasoning is, I don't like drinking bleach it kills good bacteria in the stomach too.

Bleach your water well before don't just bleach and drink right away, let it sit a while, then boiling will help boil out any bleach that did not come out by evaporation while it was sitting over night or over the day.

The reason you do not bleach then immediately boil is because the bleach will not be as effective. Let the bleach sit in the water atleast 30 minutes if not an hour or over night before drinking. The goal is not to drink the bleach, the goal is to have the bleach kill bacteria in the water then get the hell out of that water. Now does doing both really matter, probably not unless you want hot water.

Give all the ways a try, tell me what tastes better to you... personally I don't like the taste of bleach.

Also if you are eating rough and wild foods you can also make cedar leaf tea, which will help kill any worms that get into your stomach, also the thujone in the cedar helps give nice visions and dreams when meditating or sleeping. Just keep your intake to a reasonable level as you would alchohol like no more than a glass a day or deal with the risk of cedar intoxication. This may not be a disinfectant but intestinal worms are a risk of drinking wild, water and cedar is something that can help with that, and a little cedar in food or tea makes both flour and rice meals taste way warmer, it works as a spice.

Latest posts

Back