power bank for a upright refrigerator

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the best power bank for a upright refrigerator? I figure it's time to get one, to have during a power outage. Forget generators on account they make to much noise.and fuel cost to much now.

You can get a Honda generator they're extremely quiet. You can stand right next to one and carry on a normal conversation.
And a gallon of gas will last all night running a window unit A/C.
If you're talking about running a household refrigerator it's going to take a lot of juice.
I'm no expert but I do know you can run a Dometic 75cfx with a PLB40 and run it all day with a Zamp Obsidian 100 watt solar panel and the battery will stay at 100 percent which will get you through the night.

The cfx75 is nowhere near the size of an upright fridge freezer.
The 75 stands for 75 liters which is the size.

I have the Dometic CFX95,the Dometic PLB40 battery pack and one Zamp Obsidian 100 WATT solar panel.
Havent had the chance to give it a good test yet but if it'll run the 75 it should be okay on the 95.
We plan on picking up an extra Obsidian panel just to be sure and it'll give us extra juice to run other items.

Go ahead, ask me if I understand one single thing you just said. The answer is nope.
I understand you Robin. We do have a Honda generator that we would normally plug into the house when we had major outages from hurricanes when our outages would last 2 weeks plus. Now we have the house generator that runs off propane. On Wed, Pink Energy is supposed to come out to finish hooking us up to solar. This date was supposed to have happened in the past so not holding my breathe at all. It would be nice to go from solar, then back to grid if need be and then our propane tank with prices on gas going up. We maybe thinking wrong that propane will be more than electric?

You can do it cheaper but it sounds like you're in my boat.Neither one of us know shit about solar setups.
We went this route because it's plug and play.
In other words you dont need to know what the hell you're doing.

Oh I forgot to mention.because of thieves,i don't need or want one that sits outside.plus I'd use it sparingly just to keep the fridge and freezer cold during a power outage

Oh I forgot to mention.because of thieves,i don't need or want one that sits outside.plus I'd use it sparingly just to keep the fridge and freezer cold during a power outage

You dont want to leave a generator outside,you dont want to leave solar panels outside.
Sounds like you're screwed.
Just kidding....
You can bring the panels inside once it gets dark since they aren't doing you any good anyway.
The whole idea is to have enough juice to charge your batteries and run whatever it is you want to run during the day and then rely on battery power at night..
And again you need a shitload of juice to run your average fridge/freezer.
Your best bet is to either buy the chest model or an RV fridge/freezer,both are designed to run with very little power.

Yes to that when it comes to the panels.or if I'm extremely lucky.one or a pair that'll setup in a window. there's one good size window that's facing east.

Yes to that when it comes to the panels.or if I'm extremely lucky.one or a pair that'll setup in a window. there's one good size window that's facing east.

You really need sunlight for most of the day.
Again while I'm no expert I dont think you'll get enough juice with one 100 watt panel.
And I know you wont get enough juice to run a household fridge/freezer with one panel.

Found this:
"How many solar panels do I need to run a refrigerator? The average refrigerator takes about three or four average solar panels to run. The average refrigerator found in the United States uses approximately 57 kWh per month while the average freezer uses 58 kWh. Adding those together brings a combined total of 115 kWh.Feb 23, 2022"

Latest posts

Back