New Member from Louisiana Gulf Coast

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am new to this site, but not to prepping. I have been a member of a different prepping forum since 2012, but that site has become quite lacking with helpful info. I‘ve found myself looking up info/tips on this site recently, so I decided to officially join.

My prepping focus is on hurricanes and current/future pandemics. It’s just me, my husband, and our special needs adult son. We prefer to shelter in place (because of our son and to protect our home) during emergencies, so our goals have always been hurricane-proofing our home/property, security, off-grid sustainability, and stockpiling our essentials.

Don’t know anything about Metairie, but I do know New Orleans is a place I will not be revisiting any time soon. I hope it is a better community? We have family that lives around Lake Pontchartrain.
Nola is a nightmare right now everywhere. The block we live on is an area that most locals consider safe, or did. Thanks to a crummy mayor and deteriorating police department, no where is safe except for the heavily guarded street that the New Orleans Saint’s owner lives on. I’m not joking when I say our main goal is to not get shot before our house is finished being built.

Every alphabet city in the US. is a nightmare…….Atlanta, Birmingham, Cleveland, Detroit, etc. etc.

I have to second that! Atlanta and even Buckhead has turned dangerous! Buckhead tried and failed to get out from Atlanta so they could perhaps get a handle on the crime. It didn’t happen. When food riots start I would hate to be anywhere near Atlanta!!

Lots and lots of money in Buckhead. Those folks will be attacked by gang after gang.

I have to second that! Atlanta and even Buckhead has turned dangerous! Buckhead tried and failed to get out from Atlanta so they could perhaps get a handle on the crime. It didn’t happen. When food riots start I would hate to be anywhere near Atlanta!!

Lots and lots of money in Buckhead. Those folks will be attacked by gang after gang.
We tried living in Douglasville, GA. That lasted 10 months. The Walmart there kept getting ”raided” - groups of punks would come in and just grab stuff and leave. They said the girlfriends/wives were parked out front waiting on them to fill the trunks with what they stole and then speed off. The police said it was groups from Atlanta doing it. The street racers would come to Douglasville and block off intersections to do racing and donuts or whatever. The Douglasville cops said their “confidential informant“ told them they came to Douglasville to do some type of “preliminary“ races/stunts to decide who got to do it later in the night in Atlanta. It was just insane!

Latest posts

Back