Massive deliberate power cuts Northern CA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hurray for the preppers out there.in which their prepared for time's like this.

then there's the snowflakes and other's with their heads in the sand.let um rot.

it don't make sense to live in. a state in which you know something like this could happen.but yet don't prepare for it.

I wonder if those Democrat Preppers I read about are ready to bug out in their electric Teslas , Toyotas and Nissans? oh wait they cannot cos they cannot charge their batteries.
Hey, your knocking Tesla there buddy. I think they are badass. Only wish I could afford one! Seriously, right now they are a fancy toy (maybe more than a toy, but still being developed into something really good and usable). Give it a few more years of R&D and it’s going to be the future of transportation. Even if Tesla goes under from debt, he is trailblazing a path to make a better mode of transport. Sorry for the off topic rant but I love Tesla and what they are trying to do. And they do it with style!

Hey, your knocking Tesla there buddy. I think they are badass. Only wish I could afford one! Seriously, right now they are a fancy toy (maybe more than a toy, but still being developed into something really good and usable). Give it a few more years of R&D and it’s going to be the future of transportation. Even if Tesla goes under from debt, he is trailblazing a path to make a better mode of transport. Sorry for the off topic rant but I love Tesla and what they are trying to do. And they do it with style!

When and ONLY when electric vehicles can drive 800 miles on one charge AT NIGHT in WINTER with lightson , heater bowing and 4wd in operation AND be recharged in say 90 minutes THEN I will look at one. I do admire Tesla and had / have a fair respect for Elon, but I'm furious that he still accuses a British dive rescue hero simply because the rescue team refused elons survival pod.

When and ONLY when electric vehicles can drive 800 miles on one charge AT NIGHT in WINTER with lightson , heater bowing and 4wd in operation AND be recharged in say 90 minutes THEN I will look at one. I do admire Tesla and had / have a fair respect for Elon, but I'm furious that he still accuses a British dive rescue hero simply because the rescue team refused elons survival pod.
Yeah, I do remember the row over the dive rescue pod! I agree with you that electric cars aren’t there yet, but Elon got the ball rolling and it won’t be long. Once battery technology finds a better mouse trap then the sky is the limit.
I just bought a big gas guzzling 4 wheel drive myself and am not ready to trade it in for a 4 wheeled moped just yet either!

I wonder where all that EXTRA power for all these electric cars is supposed to come from when we don't have enough electricity in the UK now never mind then. for several, I think three, years in a row we have come very close to demand outstripping supply and was only averted by buying more power from Europe, probably France( I wonder if that will still be possible post Brexit?).
we have only ONE new power station being built and that wont be functioning until 2025.

I wonder where all that EXTRA power for all these electric cars is supposed to come from when we don't have enough electricity in the UK now never mind then. for several, I think three, years in a row we have come very close to demand outstripping supply and was only averted by buying more power from Europe, probably France( I wonder if that will still be possible post Brexit?).
we have only ONE new power station being built and that wont be functioning until 2025.
Yes, infrastructure needs to be updated as well. Funny, energy is one of the most abundant things in the universe and we are squabbling over it coming from one source. The whole industry of oil has discouraged research into other alternatives for decades. I’m fine with them being the providers and only sellers even, but cleaner options are needed. Demand for juice is and will continue to rise world wide. I read that the sun bathes our planet with more energy in a single day than we consume in a year worldwide. I’m a big fan of hydroelectric too. I think fusion will make it one day too but don’t know how safe it is yet.

How are the rechargable cars working out in California right now? I can't imagine anyone completely depending on an electric vehicle. Maybe someday. Unless they can come up with an electric vehicle that can haul 20,000 pounds of hay or cattle, has a minimum of a 500 mile range, true 4 wheel drive, heat and air conditioning, then I have no use for one of these liberal pipe dreams.

How are the rechargable cars working out in California right now? I can't imagine anyone completely depending on an electric vehicle. Maybe someday. Unless they can come up with an electric vehicle that can haul 20,000 pounds of hay or cattle, has a minimum of a 500 mile range, true 4 wheel drive, heat and air conditioning, then I have no use for one of these liberal pipe dreams.
All I can say is the model T was a piece on crap too in the beginning. Not much better than a horse. Now look at what100 years of refinements and innovations have done. Even now a Tesla can beat most gas hot rods in a 0 to 60 competition. Give it some time.

Yes, infrastructure needs to be updated as well. Funny, energy is one of the most abundant things in the universe and we are squabbling over it coming from one source. The whole industry of oil has discouraged research into other alternatives for decades. I’m fine with them being the providers and only sellers even, but cleaner options are needed. Demand for juice is and will continue to rise world wide. I read that the sun bathes our planet with more energy in a single day than we consume in a year worldwide. I’m a big fan of hydroelectric too. I think fusion will make it one day too but don’t know how safe it is yet.
Brent, it's obvious that you know little to nothing about the oil and gas industry. How can one private company discourage another private company from developing a new product? It doesn't make sense and it doesn't happen. And fyi, oil companies have spent billions developing alternative sources of energy.
"Cleaner" options have been available for many years, and it's called oil and gas. Why do you keep fighting against the cleanest, most abundant, most reliable and cheapest form of energy currently known? Maybe someday when there's truly a need, some other reliable form of energy might be invented. Until then, continue to enjoy using the best form of energy ever developed. But in the mean time, if you want an electric vehicle, go buy one.

All I can say is the model T was a piece on crap too in the beginning. Not much better than a horse. Now look at what100 years of refinements and innovations have done. Even now a Tesla can beat most gas hot rods in a 0 to 60 competition. Give it some time.
I agree with you here. When there's enough demand for a product, someone will develop it and put it on the market.
Oh yeah, welcome back.

I can get 600 miles on my duel tank 4x4 pulling a 27ft trailer before refueling, in 15 minutes I can be back on the road, the truck is 12 years old, I've done very little work on it, batteries x3 were replaced once for $466 dollars. I paid 27k for the truck.

If they can't provide me a consumer grade truck for around $27k where I can drive 600 miles recharge in 15 minutes, and batteries can be replaced in a 12 year period once for 466 bucks and can supply me full power in sub-zero temperatures then I don't want to here shit about how great they are, as far as I'm concerned they are nothing but toys for big people. I don't care about top end power, I'm more concerned about bottom end power. Wonder how the non-military electric trucks will do running in 3ft of water?

I always laugh about oil and oil supplies, oil is like everything else, its finite and will not last forever, at some point there will be no more, don't know how long that will take, I doubt anyone really knows.
the time to develop something new is before that happens, but with the oil companies and oil lobby groups I cant see it happening.

I always laugh about oil and oil supplies, oil is like everything else, its finite and will not last forever, at some point there will be no more,
Didn't we run out 30 years ago? That what Jimmy Carter said was going to happen.... OOPS

Didn't we hit "Peak Oil" 20 years ago? That's what the UN, the UK Dept of Energy, The World Bank, and Shell Oil all said was going to happen....OOPS

I can get 600 miles on my duel tank 4x4 pulling a 27ft trailer before refueling, in 15 minutes I can be back on the road, the truck is 12 years old, I've done very little work on it, batteries x3 were replaced once for $466 dollars. I paid 27k for the truck.

If they can't provide me a consumer grade truck for around $27k where I can drive 600 miles recharge in 15 minutes, and batteries can be replaced in a 12 year period once for 466 bucks and can supply me full power in sub-zero temperatures then I don't want to here shit about how great they are, as far as I'm concerned they are nothing but toys for big people. I don't care about top end power, I'm more concerned about bottom end power. Wonder how the non-military electric trucks will do running in 3ft of water?

I can go 700 miles on one tank full of diesel according to the handbook but its nearer 600 averaging 57 to 60 MPG . never managed to get the 64 MPG Nissan said it could do. But It does 60 MPG with its cargo area full. I can refill from jerry cans in remote areas and my range is not affected by altitude, temperate or driving at night in winter. I paid $9000 for the Nissan van

Last edited:
First, I am the greener's nightmare. I have a garage full of old performance (gas guzzling) cars. I have a couple 4x4 trucks. Yes, I like my toys. I am looking forward to my first Electric Vehicle which I don't think will be that far off, based upon what Tesla had done already. I am looking forward to the "instant" torque that an Electric motor can provide. The acceleration will be fantastic. What I am looking for has NOTHING to do with "green" but everything to do with performance. That kind of performance is available today but just not affordable. In the future, the prices will start falling quickly.

On some other discussions, I have posted about my plans to install solar to run some devices around the house just to help with the electric bills and also provide a backup to the electric grid. Will not replace all my needs but will handle most of my "real" needs following an outage. If somewhere in the future, I end up with a EV, I expect, it should just require a couple additional panels (and associated controller/inverters) to be able to charge the vehicle. As long as I have the initial infrastructure (my own) in place, I don't expect that will be a big deal.

I also should point out, that I will do ALL of the installation and wiring myself. If someone has to hire someone to come in to do this, then, for them, it may be too cost intensive.

Latest posts

Back