Massive deliberate power cuts Northern CA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Musk did a great job raping taxpayers to fund his electric car junket. I'll agree, he did do it with style (but again, on the taxpayer's back).

The oil industry will not go away for 100's of years. Not only is it the only viable energy source, but a huge number of products are derived from it: plastics, lubricants, tar, etc. Eliminate oil, and everything else in your life will also change.

I always laugh about oil and oil supplies, oil is like everything else, its finite and will not last forever, at some point there will be no more, don't know how long that will take, I doubt anyone really knows.
the time to develop something new is before that happens, but with the oil companies and oil lobby groups I cant see it happening.
Not true, you should update your education on this subject.

Hydrogen is one of the most, if not the most, plentiful resource on the planet. The byproduct from combustion engines using hydrogen is water. Once the fossil fuels become too expensive, then you will see hydrogen fuel cells and hydrogen vehicles. Electric vehicles are a nightmare of hazardous waste byproducts. Too many do not do the research into what it takes to build, operate and maintain these electric vehicles. The Solar industry produces more hazardous waste than the Nuclear industry, the media just does not cover that aspect.

I can get 600 miles on my duel tank 4x4 pulling a 27ft trailer before refueling, in 15 minutes I can be back on the road, the truck is 12 years old, I've done very little work on it, batteries x3 were replaced once for $466 dollars. I paid 27k for the truck.

If they can't provide me a consumer grade truck for around $27k where I can drive 600 miles recharge in 15 minutes, and batteries can be replaced in a 12 year period once for 466 bucks and can supply me full power in sub-zero temperatures then I don't want to here shit about how great they are, as far as I'm concerned they are nothing but toys for big people. I don't care about top end power, I'm more concerned about bottom end power. Wonder how the non-military electric trucks will do running in 3ft of water?
I agree that big trucks will be a long time out before being replaced. I have 4 large v8’s that suck on fuel mileage but they are the only way to take a loaded shop of tools and supplies to job sites three hours away. We pull trailers too. I predict that within ten years we will see the battery improved enough to make even the larger trucks viable though. As far as power, espechially low end, the electric motor can’t be beat. Diesel trains don’t move with Diesel engines. They run generators that run electric motors. An electric motor can start under a heavy load without a clutch, being far more powerful and simpler than an internal combustion engine. Right now battery technology isn’t close to being able to store and release the power needed for heavy use, but it will happen.

I agree that big trucks will be a long time out before being replaced. I have 4 large v8’s that suck on fuel mileage but they are the only way to take a loaded shop of tools and supplies to job sites three hours away. We pull trailers too. I predict that within ten years we will see the battery improved enough to make even the larger trucks viable though. As far as power, espechially low end, the electric motor can’t be beat. Diesel trains don’t move with Diesel engines. They run generators that run electric motors. An electric motor can start under a heavy load without a clutch, being far more powerful and simpler than an internal combustion engine. Right now battery technology isn’t close to being able to store and release the power needed for heavy use, but it will happen.

Burlington Northern/Santa Fe is coming out with a battery operated freight train next year for testing known as battery-electric locomotive with 20,000 cells and be testing 50,000 cells in 5 to 8 years, I was reading about this last year so I know the technology is almost here but for us consumer it's still a long ways off. I also read that Volvo/Freightliner freight trucks are going to build an all battery truck but as they say the technology isn't here for long haulers, the electric motors are here but batteries not so much.

The railroads have been using electric motors since the 1930s, with the electricity generated on board with diesel engines. And the reason is because electric motors have full torque at zero speed which helps get the trains moving from a standstill.

I've been saying for decades that hydrogen is the ideal fuel. With a hydrogen fuel cell, the only emission is water vapor. The ONLY problem is storage, but that can be solved.

BTW, Bush started a hydrogen fuel initiative that Obama killed.
https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2014/03/f12/hpwgw_doe_paster.pdf

I agree hydrogen has a lot of potential. Even it uses energy, which has to come from somewhere, to be made. None of the new cleaner energies are perfect, but they are cleaner than what is being used now. It’s a step in the right direction. One thing I like about hydrogen is the oceans are full of it. It is seemingly as abundant as sunlight.

Bigpaul, what you call "pollution" we call "PLANT FOOD"
iu

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back