Lord help us...we are so screwed...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read an article about the government wanting the IRS to get information from all the banks about your accounts. Right now they can get it when they are investigating you. But this would require the information sent to them constantly, for everyone with 600$ or more in an account. The article also talked about the IRS beefing up its staffing to be able to bring in more revenue. Most here that know me know I don’t believe in most government conspiracy theories but this honestly scares me. I don’t cheat on my taxes or anything like that but I see this as a way to steal money from people. All the IRS has to do is say they suspect you and they can seize your life savings. Then it’s up to you to hire a lawyer/tax attorney to sue to get your assets back.
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/02/1042...rs-more-info-on-bank-accounts-faces-criticism
What I have heard is that they want to be able to tax you on any deposits greater than $600. And it supposedly only applies to Venmo and cash app type accounts.

there was always a "black market" in goods during WW2 but we have a different generation and a different attitude now nearly 80 years on from the end of the war.

People are talking about "What things will be worth" and I think that trade 'prices' so to speak will work themselves out on the fly. If I have 100 eggs and no steak then a steak might be worth say, 4 eggs to me. But if the girl with the steaks wants 10 eggs then she can eat it herself and I'll eat my 10 eggs because the protein value is obvious. Eventually we will settle on 6 eggs, or perhaps 8 if it's a nice cut of meat. And round and round it goes, just like today at flea markets.

What I have heard is that they want to be able to tax you on any deposits greater than $600. And it supposedly only applies to Venmo and cash app type accounts.
From what I’ve read so far it looks like they want to see what everyone has in their savings. That way they can decide wether to audit you or not….

HE ACTUALLY believed what that senile old FOOL and his cronys were preaching to get elected!!! WHAT a gullible idiot some people in this country are!!!!!!
I don’t believe Biden lied nearly as much as trump did, but believing in any politician regardless of party would make someone gullible. So I’m guessing you swallowed trumps crap?

Not understanding you, Brent. Sometimes you'll post something ok to prepping, a good idea, or something positive you are doing.
Other times you post what you did above, just to start an argument. Maybe you enjoy the argument.
In any case, what you said above makes me think that it's ok for you to vote for someone that you know is a liar, and in your mind not as much as a liar as the other. And that because you believe in Biden you are gullible. I didn't vote for either of them, just so you know. I am a conservative.
But obviously people here are not liberals at all, and what you posted above is your opinion and an insult to anyone who likes Trump. Isn't there a liberal preppers forum somewhere out there that you can discuss prepping for natural disasters and man made climate change...since I'm assuming that liberals are not concerned about Biden causing an economic collapse?

The $3.5T bill is designed to crash our economy and make the dollar worth nothing. What the govt wants is a thing called "negative interest rate" if you make the dollar worth almost nothing, you can pay off the national deficit in its entirety with alot less money. I don't agree with it because it will cause alot of sickness, crime and starvation here in the US. But thats what they want.

The $3.5T bill is designed to crash our economy and make the dollar worth nothing. What the govt wants is a thing called "negative interest rate" if you make the dollar worth almost nothing, you can pay off the national deficit in its entirety with alot less money. I don't agree with it because it will cause alot of sickness, crime and starvation here in the US. But thats what they want.

They don't care a hoot about paying off the national deficit. It's all Monopoly money to them.

Not understanding you, Brent. Sometimes you'll post something ok to prepping, a good idea, or something positive you are doing.
Other times you post what you did above, just to start an argument. Maybe you enjoy the argument.
In any case, what you said above makes me think that it's ok for you to vote for someone that you know is a liar, and in your mind not as much as a liar as the other. And that because you believe in Biden you are gullible. I didn't vote for either of them, just so you know. I am a conservative.
But obviously people here are not liberals at all, and what you posted above is your opinion and an insult to anyone who likes Trump. Isn't there a liberal preppers forum somewhere out there that you can discuss prepping for natural disasters and man made climate change...since I'm assuming that liberals are not concerned about Biden causing an economic collapse?
As far as my post , it was a direct response to a comment towards me. Yes I was baited to respond and probably would have been better to ignore the ignorance.
I actually considered not voting for either candidate as well in the election. I saw it as two bad choices. But in the long run I figured I had to choose one, so I went with who I still believe is the lesser of two evils. I still do believe 98% of politicians are willing to say anything to get your vote so don’t believe much from any of them. I will never blindly follow any one of them nor declare a radical loyalty to any one of them like so many seem to do over trump.
As far as joining a liberal forum goes, I am more conservative than I am liberal. Most of the animosity I get here is from my outspoken dislike of trump. Just because I think he was a low life dosen’t make me the scourge of the earth many think. I would vote for any decent conservative, I just haven’t seen one in a while. Also, when I joined this forum, many years before the majority here, it was a pretty respectful place to discuss prepping ideas. It has become so much more political now, with little respect shown for differing ideas and values. So as to why am I still active here? Sometimes I ask myself that as well. There are still several good people here with solid ideas and views, even if they differ from mine. I’m hoping it will become less radical, more respectful and get back to its grass roots of prepping. Still hopeful….

I know that the last administration wasted as much money as this one seems to be trying to do now. Neither side has a clue about fiscal responsibility anymore. I believe we, or at least the next generation will pay dearly for this.

Yep, I've seen that pictur
As far as my post , it was a direct response to a comment towards me. Yes I was baited to respond and probably would have been better to ignore the ignorance.
I actually considered not voting for either candidate as well in the election. I saw it as two bad choices. But in the long run I figured I had to choose one, so I went with who I still believe is the lesser of two evils. I still do believe 98% of politicians are willing to say anything to get your vote so don’t believe much from any of them. I will never blindly follow any one of them nor declare a radical loyalty to any one of them like so many seem to do over trump.
As far as joining a liberal forum goes, I am more conservative than I am liberal. Most of the animosity I get here is from my outspoken dislike of trump. Just because I think he was a low life dosen’t make me the scourge of the earth many think. I would vote for any decent conservative, I just haven’t seen one in a while. Also, when I joined this forum, many years before the majority here, it was a pretty respectful place to discuss prepping ideas. It has become so much more political now, with little respect shown for differing ideas and values. So as to why am I still active here? Sometimes I ask myself that as well. There are still several good people here with solid ideas and views, even if they differ from mine. I’m hoping it will become less radical, more respectful and get back to its grass roots of prepping. Still hopeful….
We would have been better off if you did not vote, but have to admit your one vote probably didn't matter much, Biden voter's came from all over the place, including ghost that didn't ever actually exist, dead, illegals, multiple and out of district. or state. There were many fraudulent ballots cast. Do you REALLY THINK BIDEN IS THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS AT THIS POINT?? After all that has been happening the last 9 months? This REALLY HASN"T OPENED YOUR EYES?? I love when you post about prepping and your life in general. I do have to write you off when it comes to politics, which probably comes to no surprise to you. I have said it many times that you and I differ on this point.

I know that the last administration wasted as much money as this one seems to be trying to do now. Neither side has a clue about fiscal responsibility anymore. I believe we, or at least the next generation will pay dearly for this.
we are talking about great grands paying for this, if not even further down the line. We are screwed and screwing are own babes!!!!

Its politics, primarily from one side that's destroying our country. They are taking away our freedoms and turning us into a communist country. That's why politics matter more than ever before in our preps.

Also, when I joined this forum, many years before the majority here, it was a pretty respectful place to discuss prepping ideas. It has become so much more political now, with little respect shown for differing ideas and values. So as to why am I still active here? Sometimes I ask myself that as well. There are still several good people here with solid ideas and views, even if they differ from mine. I’m hoping it will become less radical, more respectful and get back to its grass roots of prepping. Still hopeful….

This forum has become more of a place to argue and stir up drama. Better places exist online to discuss prepping. :)

Better yet let’s send all the ones that believe only they have opinion to this other site you talk about and maybe we can all get along, politics or lack there of has divided this country. If you stand for the policy they are pushing then that other forum is where they need to be. I’m not singling you or anyone else out but just saying if this don’t feel like a good fit for whoever, move on.

This forum has become more of a place to argue and stir up drama. Better places exist online to discuss prepping. :)

Of the 3 I am aware of, this is the one that will give you leeway to state your opposing opinion In a healthy debate.
The Canadien owned one will all of a sudden get uptight and ban someone for a whack em and stack em comment in a thread about home defense. It didn’t happen to me, but did happen to a member on here, so I left.
On the third, You would last about 4 posts before Swinerider bans you and changes your profile to a character called Opie.

I do agree that politics and current events play a part in prepping. Being aware of what’s going on in the world around you is wise and helps you make decisions on how to protect yourself and your family. Where I disagree is the useless bashing and division created. Both parties were created to help balance each side out. Neither side is 100% good or bad. Saying that one side or the other is completely wrong is just ignorant. They both have some good and bad.

I do agree that politics and current events play a part in prepping. Being aware of what’s going on in the world around you is wise and helps you make decisions on how to protect yourself and your family. Where I disagree is the useless bashing and division created. Both parties were created to help balance each side out. Neither side is 100% good or bad. Saying that one side or the other is completely wrong is just ignorant. They both have some good and bad.

You would think so and its logical, but its not reality. You have crazy insane people on both sides, but all democrats are like that at this time. At least half of the Republicans are spineless and corrupt like all democrats. Only a handful of republicans are resisting the destruction of the USA.

Please give us the good from the democrats? Anything from this year.

Where I disagree is the useless bashing and division created. Both parties were created to help balance each side out. Neither side is 100% good or bad. Saying that one side or the other is completely wrong is just ignorant. They both have some good and bad.
Then why don't you stop doing it Brent?

Latest posts

Back