Issues for those planning bugging out by camper / rv

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
Here is an issue many of us have not considered, In the UK and parts of Europe the governments are telling the police to stop RVs, Motorhomes , Campervans and Expedition vehicles as they head towards rural and wilderness areas, and if they do not have roots or legitimate reason to be there they are fining them then turning them round and sending them back. That may impact on parts of our community whose survival plans involve bugging OUT, it will certainly give them extra considerations to chew over such as leaving the main roads and highways MUCH earlier than planned to avoid check points and police patrols.

Indeed. Although when police resources are stretched they won't have enough resources to worry about that. Their only way to stop people will be when leaving cities and towns with road blocks on the major roads.

Which means the BOV community are going to have to up the ante on their navigation skills and leave the main roads much much further away from their safe locations and take to the back roads, trails, dirt tracks.

Something LOTS of preppers did not calculate...I wrote a post earlier. The main Highways will be closed to only military and emergency vehicles. The side roads will be BLOCKED by the stupid and lost trying to get out too late or with not enough petrol. Only with a 4X4 and offroad capabilities, will you have a chance to bug out. IT IS TOO LATE now. Those in the country, DON'T WANT US. Those in the city, DON'T LOVE US. Those in the politics, DON'T CARE ENOUGH.
Take care of you and yours. Thank God for each breath of clean air, drink of clean water and each mouthfull of fresh food. Be thankful for your family, preps and health. Gary

Something LOTS of preppers did not calculate...I wrote a post earlier. The main Highways will be closed to only military and emergency vehicles. The side roads will be BLOCKED by the stupid and lost trying to get out too late or with not enough petrol. Only with a 4X4 and offroad capabilities, will you have a chance to bug out. IT IS TOO LATE now. Those in the country, DON'T WANT US. Those in the city, DON'T LOVE US. Those in the politics, DON'T CARE ENOUGH.
Take care of you and yours. Thank God for each breath of clean air, drink of clean water and each mouthfull of fresh food. Be thankful for your family, preps and health. Gary

Such solid advice Gary! Trying to bug out now seems more dangerous than staying put!

Hi lady. Just read that the Serbian gov't has decided to stop exports of corn and sunflower oil. Kasacstan: no export of carrots, wheat, potatoes and flour. Vietnam is stopping the export of rice and Russia is thinking of export stops also. If all the big producers decide to keep most or even all their products, we are all gonna need more slow prepping and more slow shopping before the certain things run out. Look for lightbulbs if you are not yet into diode lighting. Check for dried mashed potatoes if you cannot grow your own. Get some corn meal and more dried milk and dried eggs if possible. Lets watch and learn. GP

bugging out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where would you go,,,I am as safe here as anywhere else and I know the area,and at this time there are no cases in my county ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am staying put,,,,,

as this progresses I will have to stop buying groceries and stay home,,,,at that point it will be me and the dogs I know these hounds they will defend this place if you get past the hounds you have to deal with me,and I am armed to the teeth..................................................

If I was in a large city I would have allready had a plan in place long ago and likely allready gone. Since I’m in the country allready it makes sense to hunker down here as I’m more self sustaining and supplied at home. Not to mention that when I pull the Camper my mileage is cut in half, so without carrying 50 extra gallons of fuel I wouldn’t want to risk traveling any distance. After seeing the evacuations in Florida for the hurricanes I learned that if you don’t leave early then it’s best not to leave at all. Sure you risk over reacting if you leave early, but if you have a good place to go it’s safe and could always be considered a vacation...

Hi lady. Just read that the Serbian gov't has decided to stop exports of corn and sunflower oil. Kasacstan: no export of carrots, wheat, potatoes and flour. Vietnam is stopping the export of rice and Russia is thinking of export stops also. If all the big producers decide to keep most or even all their products, we are all gonna need more slow prepping and more slow shopping before the certain things run out. Look for lightbulbs if you are not yet into diode lighting. Check for dried mashed potatoes if you cannot grow your own. Get some corn meal and more dried milk and dried eggs if possible. Lets watch and learn. GP

Great heads up to fellow Preppers! Will pick up more wheat (don’t think you can ever have enough! I’ve never grown it so that makes it tough. The labor of hand growing wheat is horrendous. Might get some dried potatoes as one never knows if the potato crop will be good...at least when I’m raising them! LOL. And of course more corn to grind into meal! The corn while lasts so much longer. I guess more dried milk since I don’t have a cow or even a goat. Neighbors do...but can’t count on trading for milk.

You are in standby Karloshi? You too jonnte? What is the duties for that? You doing ok? Is you brother prepping now? Gary

As a foreigner they won't be asking me to the frontlines to defend the nation anytime soon. The government just says don't go out unless you have to. I live in a remote location. If I go out I won't bump in to anyone, and not planning on returning to work until I feel safe. I am well stocked up for the year. To be honest this makes little difference to me so long as I don't catch anything.

As a foreigner they won't be asking me to the frontlines to defend the nation anytime soon. The government just says don't go out unless you have to. I live in a remote location. If I go out I won't bump in to anyone, and not planning on returning to work until I feel safe. I am well stocked up for the year. To be honest this makes little difference to me so long as I don't catch anything.

Good to hear from you Karloshi! Also good to hear you are set! Stay safe.

The labor of hand growing wheat is horrendous.
I've found just the opposite to be true. Wheat has always been the easiest thing in the world to grow, but then I've only ever planted hard red winter wheat. I even sow it in bare areas of the yard in winter to keep the soil from eroding during the winter rains because nothing else will grow in those spots. We plant several acres of wheat in foot plots for the deer. Once it's sown, it doesn't need any kind of tending, it just grows.

Harvesting wheat, well that's a different story...

Just a couple of thoughts based upon the above conversations. Thank the lord that I live in the US. Here, there is lots of open land and a lot of room to spread out, if necessary. Short of deploring the Military or Nation Guard, I don't think they could shut down anything but the major highways.

I am currently living in Raleigh, NC (not a huge city but one of the larger cities). I also have a couple other locations I could relocate to. But, I am not seeing many shortages here. Yes, there are spots of shortage including the highly valuable TP. But, even in the case of TP. They may be out today but tomorrow, the store will be restocked. It is only a problem, if you need it NOW. Still large supply of food in the stores and that gets restocked nightly.

Impact of export shutdown. In the short term, this would be a benefit to the US Citizens. The US is a major (if not the biggest) exporter of food supplies. If exports are shut down, this could result in a MAJOR oversupply of food in the US. This would be a boom for the average citizen but a major problem of the farmers.

Did anyone else notice that the stock market started falling, NOT with the appearance of the coronavirus but with the Oil Wars between Russian and Saudi. If Russia shuts off exports (which hopefully will include oil), will that resolve the Oil War and start driving up the price of Oil? Maybe that will turn around the stock market??? Just a wild guess on my part but the Oil War started the decline (with assistance from the Coronavirus) so would a resolution trigger an upward trend??

NOTE TO MODS..... I just realized that the above post has NOTHING to do with the subject of this thread (Bugging out by Camper). Please feel free to delete the above post if you feel it does not valid for this thread. SORRY, I will try to stay on subject.

this makes little difference to me so long as I don't catch anything.
Glad to hear from you and that this is all getting by with little notice. Stay away, stay healthy and stay in contact with us if and as long as possible.
I do not want to bug out with our 7 meter/21 foot camper trailer, but I have looked into and scouted out 3 places which I could drag it into if the shit gets too deep in the city. Do not know if I could ever get it back out of one of the places, a bit swampy, but it would be a great place with deer and water nearby...GP

NOTE TO MODS..... I just realized that the above post has NOTHING to do with the subject of this thread (Bugging out by Camper). Please feel free to delete the above post if you feel it does not valid for this thread. SORRY, I will try to stay on subject.
Lol, we all get a little sidetracked occasionally.

I don't have a camper but I am carefully considering the logistics of bugging out as this thing progresses. With every stage I feel like there are different considerations to take into account. Like @GeorgiaPeachie said I think it may be more dangerous than staying put depending on where you are. But I'm sure in some places it will be worth it despite the risk because the alternative is even worse.

I don't have a camper but I am carefully considering the logistics of bugging out as this thing progresses. With every stage I feel like there are different considerations to take into account. Like @GeorgiaPeachie said I think it may be more dangerous than staying put depending on where you are. But I'm sure in some places it will be worth it despite the risk because the alternative is even worse.

Kate, you are considering this the right way...weighing the odds both ways. For instance, if you live in a decent size town and crime starts going way up with the amount of police reduced...going off to a much less crowded place would be safe.

Research where you are going first because you might not be let in or be made to leave. Our county and several small small towns around here are not allowing people from not in this area to come here. Even ones that own second homes here.

Latest posts

Back