Idiots and Gun Control

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Dixon

Reaction score
In the U.S.A, currently there are many active rallies on gun control, after mass shootings in Florida and other states. Many of the protesters want to ban AR-15s and assault weapons, but aren't all firearms, hell, any object that can physically harm someone technically an assault weapon? Just banning Ar-15s won't fix the problem; there are plenty of weapons that can shoot at speeds high enough to cause harm, such as lever actions and 10-22s. It's also sad they call an AR-15 an assault rifle.

Before we go over the basics of an assault rifle, let's look up what the AR in AR-15 stands for. Just a quick Google search shows that it isn't "Assault Rifle", but that it is actually "Armolite Rifle", named after the company that first produced it. Another myth is that AR-15s are still used in the military today, and that the general public can get one easily. These things aren't true. The AR-15 was last used during the Vietnam war, and even then, it was different from today's AR-15s. The weapon that people seem to get confused with the AR-15 is the M4, because the people rallying against guns often don't know the slightest things about them, and most of the time, haven't even fired one. The general public CANNOT get an AR-15 easily. It requires a class 3 license, which can take up to a year to get, and you can be refused at any time. You also go through a background check at almost all gun shows, contrary to popular belief.

Now, let's talk about the definition of an assault rifle. An assault rifle is defined as a selective-fire weapon that can be used on automatic, uses intermediate cartridges, and uses a detachable magazine. An AR-15 does not classify into that category because it is not a selective fire weapon; It has safety, and it has Semi-Auto. If you look it up on Wikipedia, it even says the "Colt AR-15" is not an assault rifle because of this reason.

Today, the protestants against gun control don't even know about what they are fighting to ban. If you want to try and ban something, learn about it so you can make a valid argument against it without making yourself look like a complete imbecil.

-Sincerely,
Dallas

In the U.S.A, currently there are many active rallies on gun control, after mass shootings in Florida and other states. Many of the protesters want to ban AR-15s and assault weapons, but aren't all firearms, hell, any object that can physically harm someone technically an assault weapon? Just banning Ar-15s won't fix the problem; there are plenty of weapons that can shoot at speeds high enough to cause harm, such as lever actions and 10-22s. It's also sad they call an AR-15 an assault rifle.

Before we go over the basics of an assault rifle, let's look up what the AR in AR-15 stands for. Just a quick Google search shows that it isn't "Assault Rifle", but that it is actually "Armolite Rifle", named after the company that first produced it. Another myth is that AR-15s are still used in the military today, and that the general public can get one easily. These things aren't true. The AR-15 was last used during the Vietnam war, and even then, it was different from today's AR-15s. The weapon that people seem to get confused with the AR-15 is the M4, because the people rallying against guns often don't know the slightest things about them, and most of the time, haven't even fired one. The general public CANNOT get an AR-15 easily. It requires a class 3 license, which can take up to a year to get, and you can be refused at any time. You also go through a background check at almost all gun shows, contrary to popular belief.

Now, let's talk about the definition of an assault rifle. An assault rifle is defined as a selective-fire weapon that can be used on automatic, uses intermediate cartridges, and uses a detachable magazine. An AR-15 does not classify into that category because it is not a selective fire weapon; It has safety, and it has Semi-Auto. If you look it up on Wikipedia, it even says the "Colt AR-15" is not an assault rifle because of this reason.

Today, the protestants against gun control don't even know about what they are fighting to ban. If you want to try and ban something, learn about it so you can make a valid argument against it without making yourself look like a complete imbecil.

-Sincerely,
Dallas
Facts don't matter to these losers Dallas, just the end results. These idiots aren't worth the breath to argue with.

Funny thing is that most of the things these protestors want, are ALREADY on the books. The real problem is that they don't bother doing any actual research themselves (and are ignorant about guns, their differences, and the actual hoops of purchasing one), and are instead, led by the nose, by groups with another agenda (eventual disarmament).

I know it's tinfoil hat material, but I'm telling ya, these things aren't just popping up out of thin air. This is being orchestrated...and it's monstrous...but damn if it isn't liable to actually work.

I said it back in November or so.....expect at least ONE of these every month, until their objective is complete.

I agree that banning a specific type of weapon is not going to help anything. I could understand if they wanted to ban anything with high capacity and say 10 round max capacity or something like that. At least then a nut job could only kill a handful of people and not a whole lot like in Las Vegas. Regardless of what happens or dosent happen, we do need to talk intelligently and find a way to make this real problem better in some way. I’m still waiting to hear any good ideas, but am certain that letting things remain the same is not a good option.

Funny thing is that most of the things these protestors want, are ALREADY on the books. The real problem is that they don't bother doing any actual research themselves (and are ignorant about guns, their differences, and the actual hoops of purchasing one), and are instead, led by the nose, by groups with another agenda (eventual disarmament).

I know it's tinfoil hat material, but I'm telling ya, these things aren't just popping up out of thin air. This is being orchestrated...and it's monstrous...but damn if it isn't liable to actually work.

I said it back in November or so.....expect at least ONE of these every month, until their objective is complete.

I believe you on the whole agenda and tin foil hats thing. The government, or pop culture, is brainwashing half the U.S into hating guns and at the same time, not knowing a thing about them. It's especially suspicious.

I think at the moment the best idea is upping our security in the government and not letting firearms into the hands of nut-jobs or people with schitz have weapons.

The general public CANNOT get an AR-15 easily. It requires a class 3 license, which can take up to a year to get, and you can be refused at any time.

Overall I agree with you, but you are in error here. An AR15 is no different than other long rifles. You do not need a class 3 license unless you get a full-auto switch. You can get the heavy barrel needed for full auto and you can get the full-auto bolt without a class 3 license. It's just the trigger mechanism and safety switch.

Have you ever assembled an AR-15? Once you've done this, you'll understand what I mean. I'd be curious to see what you have done vs what you can talk about.

And I agree with your last statement. We have plenty of laws in place today, IF they were enforced to protect the public the majority of the time. In fact removing some of these laws would HELP improve public safety. But when laws remove weapons from trained/safe citizens, it gives criminals one more advantage to create mayhem.

Overall I agree with you, but you are in error here. An AR15 is no different than other long rifles. You do not need a class 3 license unless you get a full-auto switch. You can get the heavy barrel needed for full auto and you can get the full-auto bolt without a class 3 license. It's just the trigger mechanism and safety switch.

Have you ever assembled an AR-15? Once you've done this, you'll understand what I mean. I'd be curious to see what you have done vs what you can talk about.

And I agree with your last statement. We have plenty of laws in place today, IF they were enforced to protect the public the majority of the time. In fact removing some of these laws would HELP improve public safety. But when laws remove weapons from trained/safe citizens, it gives criminals one more advantage to create mayhem.

Thanks for correcting me here. I am a minor at the age of 12, so some information may not be entirely correct. I have never assembled an AR-15, but I look forward to trying it eventually.

-Sincerely,
Dallas

Dallas,

12 years old! A bit young to be concerned about things as big as 'doomsday prepping'.

First, nobody should use their real name here. Make up a fake name and change your account.

But, most importantly, I'd also recommend that you talk with your parents about this. You are at an age where you are seeing the whole big world and it can be both fascinating and dangerous. They're #1 job is to keep you save. Part of that is advising you and another part is knowing what you are doing. I suspect your dad may be at least to some degree a prepper, so he would be proud that you're thinking about this. But he will also know how ready are you for these discussions.

I don't know, I could have written that at twelve, I would have spelled imbecile correctly though.

Hard to see an agenda so far, although I admit I am a tad suspicious.

And yeah, if Dallas Dixon is really your name, change it.

Wow, a quick search, EVERYONE in Lucedale is a Dixon, lol. No Dallas's, maybe a middle name.
Probably safe to keep it.

Still, as a general rule, Dallas, it's not a bad idea to keep some personal details to yourself, or at least out of the main forum threads. Especially at your age.

Last edited:
I agree with the suspicion. Interesting that he hasn't replied to any of this. Yup, time will tell.

Some here don't agree with my belief in one Resurrection. But it seems we have some characters here on this forum that have died & resurrected over and over. What a series of 'miracles' we have! At least this time it has some creativity in changing his appearance.

There was a new member that listed his complete address and I PMd him and said that no true preppers would give out such info.

No reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people are so paranoid. I believe he is 12 years old. He should be treated as such and respected.
well he has not come on here and trolled anyone,so far he has been pleasant to talk to ,,,,but he says he is 12 yrs old his profile says 23 and if I am not mistaken when he first joined his profile said he was in his 40's ,,,,,,,sooooooooooooooooooooooo how old is he really??????

for me I don't care 6 or 60 as long as he conducts himself the way he has so far,,,,,I have no problem with him

Latest posts

Back