Bosnia---What Really Happens When SHTF?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schattentarn

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Copied and pasted from another site.

Illusions were the first victims when SHTF. Here are a few of many: “There are police, this cannot happen. There is law, this is against the law.“ Actually, the police are police when the system works. When it does not work, the police are just a bunch of trained people with weapons, and it is completely up to them what they are going to do. “I have rights.” Yes, when there is a system and law to protect those rights. If you want to have rights when SHTF you have to be ready to protect them. “I have gun and lot of ammo. I will firmly stand my ground." Good luck with that. There is a huge number of people already organized in violent groups, ready and skilled in violence, who wait for the system to collapse to jump in. People with more guns, more ammo, more skills than you, and less morals and ethics. You need to lower your expectations. “This kind of chaos cannot happen here (in the US). We have the best political system in the world.” This is my favorite actually because in my case the S. did hit the fan. For some period of time I was repeating this to myself, and even more, something like “This can happen only in some country in Africa, not here. Somebody going to stop this.” It can happen, and actually, it would be very bad because fall is going to be bigger. It is going to hurt much more, and people are going to be shocked much more.

Shocking comments about law enforcement, gangs, and in my opinion, your chances in big cities. What do you think?

If you live in a big city and don't have a big functioning group, in the SHTF case you are usually as good as dead if you don't get out in time, or if you are lucky you get out in your underwear.

Interesting take on things, may I ask your point of reference?

Interesting take on things, may I ask your point of reference?

A friend of mine was in a Swiss city at night, here there are still no official NoGo neighborhoods but he had had bad luck, even if we still live in peace.

An immigrant wanted his bike, my friend did not want to give it to him, then he was so beaten and plundered by three of them that he woke up in his underpants and T-shirt somewhere on the street.
He went to the police and they laughed at him that he is actually guilty of risking his life because of a bicycle.
So much for the police and so much for the police being your friend and helper, well where he was it's not safe, honestly in the SHTF case I would give this road a very wide berth.

There was once a game called Final Fight, you can see there how it will look in the SHTF case in a city on the street, but you will probably not get through alone as a hero.

One of the best books I have ever read I can highly recommend.

One Second After by author William R. Forstchen.

Very authentically written and it also contains chasms that we would encounter in such a situation. There are two more parts of it

Last edited:
A friend of mine was in a Swiss city at night, here there are still no official NoGo neighborhoods but he had had bad luck, even if we still live in peace.

An immigrant wanted his bike, my friend did not want to give it to him, then he was so beaten and plundered by three of them that he woke up in his underpants and T-shirt somewhere on the street.
He went to the police and they laughed at him that he is actually guilty of risking his life because of a bicycle.
So much for the police and so much for the police being your friend and helper, well where he was it's not safe, honestly in the SHTF case I would give this road a very wide berth.

There was once a game called Final Fight, you can see there how it will look in the SHTF case in a city on the street, but you will probably not get through alone as a hero.

OK thanks, I get your thought process but I honestly wouldn't overthink a random mugging and a video game from the 80s/90s.

People have survived many actual shtf scenarios and still do today in urban areas without a "big group". You might find family and extended family enough, maybe a close friend & family might suffice.

Living on a fairly densely populated Island, I've given the subject some study.

Situational awareness and Awareness of your surroundings is vital, your friend unfortunately failed but fortunately lived to learn from the mistake.

Obviously the actual shtf scenario will play an important part in many of things we must plan for.

One of the best books I have ever read I can highly recommend.

One Second After by author William R. Forstchen.

Very authentically written and it also contains chasms that we would encounter in such a situation. There are two more parts of it

OK thanks, I get your thought process but I honestly wouldn't overthink a random mugging and a video game from the 80s/90s.

People have survived many actual shtf scenarios and still do today in urban areas without a "big group". You might find family and extended family enough, maybe a close friend & family might suffice.

Living on a fairly densely populated Island, I've given the subject some study.

Situational awareness and Awareness of your surroundings is vital, your friend unfortunately failed but fortunately lived to learn from the mistake.

Obviously the actual shtf scenario will play an important part in many of things we must plan for.

Jokes aside, the game wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I know what you want to say and yes it is possible and survive in such a scenario in a city.
If you have lived in a city for a long time, you know the environment, special features and details, everything that can help you, and if you still have a good sense, you have very good tools to survive, even on your own.

I'm not saying that it's easier in the country, in rural areas there are also great dangers in a crisis situation, which I don't underestimate at all.
But what I won't do is go to a city in such a crisis if I don't absolutely have to.
I also have relatives in large places, but in a crisis situation where panic reigns, the last thing I would do is go to a city whose surroundings I don't know, because then not only the city is a risk, but the whole way there and back. It's never too late to plan, and it's better to plan late than never.

We have friends who escaped from Romania in the early1980's. They are probably about 70 yo. About a year ago, we got to talking about civil unrest, war and upheaval and, after hearing Dan talk about his experiences my husband brought up the book "One Second After". Dan had not read it so we lent him our copy.

The next week he brought it back and said, yes, "That is almost exactly how it is."

The long and short of the "City vs. Country" is that you will always have a percentage of the population who do not respect the property of others.

There are 70,826 , people per square mile in Manhattan, NYC.

That is higher than the entire population of most rural counties covering thousands of square miles in other parts of the US.

Even if only 1/2 of 1% of people are mentally ill, don't respect property or have a propensity for violent behaviors, the density of population within a city will work against you. (I think we all know that statistically that number is much higher).

If you walk 1/2 a mile, you are much more liable to encounter trouble in a city than if you walk a half mile in the country and where, over that distance, you encounter no one. In the country, you may walk 100 miles before encountering someone who fits into that 1/2%.

Last edited:
After Katrina, some police in New Orleans were looting, shooting unarmed citizens and taking guns away from peaceful law abiding citizens, and even framing innocent civilians for their actions.
Copied and pasted from another site.

Illusions were the first victims when SHTF. Here are a few of many: “There are police, this cannot happen. There is law, this is against the law.“ Actually, the police are police when the system works. When it does not work, the police are just a bunch of trained people with weapons, and it is completely up to them what they are going to do. “I have rights.” Yes, when there is a system and law to protect those rights. If you want to have rights when SHTF you have to be ready to protect them. “I have gun and lot of ammo. I will firmly stand my ground." Good luck with that. There is a huge number of people already organized in violent groups, ready and skilled in violence, who wait for the system to collapse to jump in. People with more guns, more ammo, more skills than you, and less morals and ethics. You need to lower your expectations. “This kind of chaos cannot happen here (in the US). We have the best political system in the world.” This is my favorite actually because in my case the S. did hit the fan. For some period of time I was repeating this to myself, and even more, something like “This can happen only in some country in Africa, not here. Somebody going to stop this.” It can happen, and actually, it would be very bad because fall is going to be bigger. It is going to hurt much more, and people are going to be shocked much more.

Shocking comments about law enforcement, gangs, and in my opinion, your chances in big cities. What do you think?

Illusions, illusions... One of those illusions is about "good" and "bad" people. In reality psychopaths are predators and neurotypicals are prey. Just look at nature. The predators will always overpower their prey, as prey will neither attack first nor for their own selfish gains, is poor at masquerading it's intentions and gullibility and naivity goes a long way in letting wolves in sheeps clothing walk all over them. Those who are unwilling or unable to understand that are destined to remain prey.

It's not clear to see it during times of so-called law & order, unless you've been burdened with sufficient intellect and astuteness to be able to see through the lies our schools have indoctrinated us with. Those who deny the existence of shadow governments invisibly pulling the strings are simply not cut out for this world and are inferior humans suited only to be prey/slaves and will meet their doom during a true SHTF.

1660486312504.png

Let me throw this testimony of a serial killer in here for shock value. That's what we're all gonna be dealing with once the current order collapses:

As requested by admin, a warning:
WARNING DISTURBING CONTENT AHEAD: https://i.ibb.co/vYB2bFy/toddler49u309.jpg

Got a lot more where that came from by the way.

Oh... and am I a bad person for wishing this on people trying to abolish the 2nd Amendment?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back