how many rabbit hunters do we have here

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to do lot of rabbit hunting, but my cousin had the beagles.

We had some big rabbit hunts. One time we had eight people on horseback with burlap sacks riding up and down the line collecting rabbits.

I kind of figured it would be wiser to trap a couple of them and start breeding them to have a non ending supply. I always felt that if shtf the local wildlife would be hunted to near extinction within weeks of an event, so keeping some alive seems a better way to go. That being said though, yes I have hunted a few, but not with dogs. I bet the dogs do make it a lot easier.

Brent, we always had lots of deer around here, but now theready are fewer. My neighbor said that certain new neighbors that didn't know the laws (if you catch my drift) were killing them all to feed the families. He said that they didn't care whether they were in season or not. Sad.
I kind of figured it would be wiser to trap a couple of them and start breeding them to have a non ending supply. I always felt that if shtf the local wildlife would be hunted to near extinction within weeks of an event, so keeping some alive seems a better way to go. That being said though, yes I have hunted a few, but not with dogs. I bet the dogs do make it a lot easier.

Latest posts

Back