homeschooled FAIL

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some human contact other than your mommy could be nice...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24200-1373629070-16_preview.gif

Exactly. Growing up I knew a kid like this. He had an older brother whom i played sports with whom asked me to look out for him...so I did. I would remove "kick me" signs off his back and stand up against the bullies who picked on him.

I remember I would even make some of my friends go to his birthday parties cause I felt sorry for him. The kid never showed any kind of appreciation for this. I remember one time him saying to me at one of his parties "why did you bring this person, I didn't invite him."

I figured the kid would grow out of his social awkwardness and become more humble/appreciative as he got older. WRONG.

People don't realize the importance of minimal levels of social interaction...especially when it comes to kids.

Granted there are of course exceptions to every rule.

interaction is so damn important.
we need it,our brains crave it when we grow up,how could we learn "the ropes" if we didn't have it?

What does homeschooling have to do with lack of interaction and contact with other people? I've known several people who homeschooled their kids and they all had plenty of social interaction with other people. True, they didn't interact with the dopers, freaks and weirdos that infest public schools. They all excelled acidemicly way above average when compared to kids that came out of the socilist government public schools. My daughter is going to homeschool her two kids too. I think everyone that is capable, and care about a proper education, should consider homeschooling their kids.

What does homeschooling have to do with lack of interaction and contact with other people? I've known several people who homeschooled their kids and they all had plenty of social interaction with other people. True, they didn't interact with the dopers, freaks and weirdos that infest public schools. They all excelled acidemicly way above average when compared to kids that came out of the socilist government public schools. My daughter is going to homeschool her two kids too. I think everyone that is capable, and care about a proper education, should consider homeschooling their kids.

Well think about it. Say someone homeschools their kid and only allows them to interact with certain types of kids. One day when that kid enters the real world he is going to have to interact with ALL kinds of people...including ones you might label "undesirable".

Also not all public schools are created equal. Not even close. A kid going to a public school in an upper middle class suburb receives a much different education than a kid attending a school in an impoverished neighborhood.

I believe homeschooling would only be a more ideal option to those whom live in low income zip codes.

Latest posts

Back