Hmmmm? Just been to the Supermarket

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
Mid Morning, Mid week, Mid Month no impending disasters yet when i got to Sainsburies this morning it was absolutely packed, I mean REALLY packed and people appeared to be buying a lot?? Bread sold out, Multi packs of Baked Beans sold out, Dry goods very low like Rice, Pasta, Wheat flour etc . I have NOT seen any news about panic buying, but it does appear to be happening local to me?

If anyone else notices changes in shopping patterns please shout out.

I've just doubled checked all my normal news and intel sources and other forums and no seen any reports of panic buying, but honestly it was definately far from normal this morning?? Think I shall just do a bit of extra shopping again tonight, better to have it and not need it etc?

I think many people can sence something is wrong. As soon as the world governments and the mainstream media tell the truth, all hell will break loose and there will be a world panic. It's already a hidden world panic. Those who are quietly preparing now, are not telling everyone why.

I see a slight increase in shopping for some items. Filter respirator Masks and sanitizer are running out.

I work grocery retail everyday I go. We haven't seen anything different in our location. . . it is just a normal day when I was there today.When something is up is when we see an increase of traffic or the beginning of the month when people get their welfare checks.

most probably weather related, late delivery of stock due to standing water on roads, wife had to turn around and come home yesterday because of standing water, flooded ditches and water pouring off fields, it just wasn't worth the risk and her journey wasn't that important and was rescheduled.

From Sky news yesterday NHS dentists are ordering huge numbers of disposable gloves, eye protection and face masks, far more than they normally use.

Also my wife got an E mail from their hospital supply department telling department heads to secure their stocks of masks, eye protection, gloves and hand sanitiser as apparently huge amounts of all four items are being stolen from wards, clinics and store cupboards.

Also more visitors to large British cities are electing to use Taxis and Ubers instead of buses, train and undergrounds.

Wife texted from work,chatting with patients mum who works as a supervisor for Asda ( Walmart in US) the lady says cleaning and disinfectant sales is definately up, Bleach, Dettol, Detox, yellow kitchen gloves etc?? but not massively so.

Latest posts

Back